You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seems like I didn't miss much 16

They can induct who they want. It doesn't matter.

The only thing I'm interested in is did the guys talk about Axl in their speeches?

Chris Rock cracked on his ass nicely, and Billie Joe mentioned him and boo's erupted, then Billie tried to quell it and put Axl over.

Billie Joe didn't even say his name. Just said, "Who am I forgetting?" And the crowd began booing. Then he said, "He's one of the best frontmen to ever pick up a microphone...and he's fuckin' crazy." 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, I missed that.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fucking tell Flea the RRHOF is meaningless

hate when people who have no clue try to tell someone an honor is no big deal

fuck off

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Haha, I missed that.

Yeah, he actually sang it like Axl would. Hilarious. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Flea would like to thank God, Buddha, his 3-grade Math teacher, that dude that hit him when he was on the playground, his first girlfriend, the first Tranny he met, his high school counselor.

DAMN is it finally over?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

Why the fuck should they lose out on their honor cause some dick hole is a selfish prick?

Lol, Slash and Duff, honor? Letting Myles Kennedy rape your songs on national television is not my idea of honor. Going up there without two of the most influential members in the band just reeks of self importance and profile raising. Yeah, I bet all of them are doing it for the "fans". Gimme a break. They had a choice just like Axl did.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

Why the fuck should they lose out on their honor cause some dick hole is a selfish prick?

Lol, Slash and Duff, honor? Letting Myles Kennedy rape your songs on national television is not my idea of honor. Going up there without two of the most influential members in the band just reeks of self importance and profile raising. Yeah, I bet all of them are doing it for the "fans". Gimme a break. They had a choice just like Axl did.

13:butt: have another bong

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

+1

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Fucking tell Flea the RRHOF is meaningless

hate when people who have no clue try to tell someone an honor is no big deal

fuck off

Sorry, man. The whole idea of a Rock n Roll hall of fame is plain stupid. Especially with the "mystery men" who decide who gets to be part of the club and who doesn't.

I'm sure recognition is nice. I'm sure it means a lot to different people. I'm not taking away what it means to them, because to them it's different, it's the culmination of a career. Flea has gone through a load of shit to get to this point, lost a lot of people along the way. I doubt the only thing weighing on his mind right now is that he's a member of the club.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think they are doing it for the fans. Slash even said he didn't want to do it but his wife told him it was the right thing to do for the fans. Duff has said over and over that he doesn't give a shit about the Hall of Fame, but he has had a lot of fans write to him about it and realized the fans care about it in a big way.

Board footer