You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl and Slash will bury the hatchet the day Buzz and Ali do. Not going to give in, just standing their ground, waiting for the other guy to admit their wrong. Just times that by 16 years 16

That's not fair.  I don't hate Ali.  If I was guilty of something and needed a lawyer to get me off on a technicality, he's the first person I'd call.

I completely agree with this.

I give Ali hell, but I do it from a lawyer standpoint. Said it long ago, Ali = "Axl's defense attorney"

And thing is, Ali is DAMN GOOD at it. 22

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

If Sorum really confronted Slash and Duff about them calling Axl to perform, I'll give him positive karma! big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Matt is totally right, and he might've actually said something to Duff about it.

The problem is, and I don't blame them, Slash & Duff feel absolutely NO guilt in what happened with GN'R, and Slash specifically feels no need to call Axl.

The way they both see it is "Axl stole from US". Duff might be playing 'honest' and classy right now, but he's still only gonna crawl so much for Axl. Duff isn't gonna beg Axl to join them at the Hall. And Slash isn't gonna call Axl when he doesn't feel that he was in the wrong, nor is Slash coming from a position of weakness.

Axl isn't gonna budge on Slash needs to call him first. But with Slash out with Myles and The Conspirators, Slash feels no need. Slash will only open up those lines of communication when he feels he has no other gig offering out there, and it's either Axl or picking up a needle and a spoon again. Slash himself says if he doesn't stay busy, he'll use.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

Please tell me how the hell Axl will be able to renegotiate a contract with his fucking housekeeper & her son in tow?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Well I believe it will be something along the lines of - if the label wants to deal with Axl - they'll have to talk to Beta...if they won't, then they won't.

I don't really see Beta as an issue for the label though - most artists have pesky managers of some kind to get in the way.

Sky Dog wrote:

how true is this....

"And let’s see, who am I missing? [Crowd starts booing, presumably in response to Axl Rose's absence]

No, shut the f–k up, shut up, shut up! This man’s a bad ass f–king singer. He’s one of the best frontmen to ever touch a microphone. Your lyrics are heartfelt, passionate, angry and you tell the truth, no matter what the cost.

Your vocal range goes from a quiet whisper to a powerhouse, until you’re screaming bloody murder. And you’re f–king crazy. Hey, most singers are crazy — I can vouch for that. But you know, being in a band, it’s a very complex thing. You go through eras and chapters of your life.

Most people don’t go through any eras or chapters. They just sit around and watch TV and do the same thing over and over again, every single day. But being in a band, your eras and your chapters are your albums. That’s your craft. You can name that time of your life, to coin a phrase.

That’s an era of your life right there. You talk about where you were at when you wrote this song, you talk about where you recorded it. You talk about the first time that you ever played it. This is your life. This is our lives. This is what we do.

But sometimes, you gotta look back at the old chapters if you want to move forward. And the reason why you have to look backwards, is to know where you f—in’ come from.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Guns N’ Roses!"

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axlin12 wrote:

Matt is totally right, and he might've actually said something to Duff about it.

The problem is, and I don't blame them, Slash & Duff feel absolutely NO guilt in what happened with GN'R, and Slash specifically feels no need to call Axl.

The way they both see it is "Axl stole from US". Duff might be playing 'honest' and classy right now, but he's still only gonna crawl so much for Axl. Duff isn't gonna beg Axl to join them at the Hall. And Slash isn't gonna call Axl when he doesn't feel that he was in the wrong, nor is Slash coming from a position of weakness.

Axl isn't gonna budge on Slash needs to call him first. But with Slash out with Myles and The Conspirators, Slash feels no need. Slash will only open up those lines of communication when he feels he has no other gig offering out there, and it's either Axl or picking up a needle and a spoon again. Slash himself says if he doesn't stay busy, he'll use.

I seem to recall Slash visiting Axl's house in the middle of the night.

Plus a judge ruled on the so-called 'theft'. He tossed out the lawsuit which didn't even claim that Axl stole the  name, only that he allegedly scribbled a resignation note on a napkin back in 94/95. Tossed out. I think some of you are still holding onto the notion that Axl forced the band to sign over the name backstage, 30 seconds before a riot was going to erupt.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Plus a judge ruled on the so-called 'theft'. He tossed out the lawsuit which didn't even claim that Axl stole the  name, only that he allegedly scribbled a resignation note on a napkin back in 94/95. Tossed out. I think some of you are still holding onto the notion that Axl forced the band to sign over the name backstage, 30 seconds before a riot was going to erupt.

Here's the thing you're not thinking about.  It doesn't matter what a judge said.  Sure, from a legal standpoint it does, but that's it.  We all know OJ did it.  Law does not always reflect what happened.  Sometimes people get off on technicalities even though everybody and their mother knows they did it.  Sometimes judges rule for one party even though they know it isn't right because that's how the laws are set up (not saying that happened in this case, just saying it happens).

People don't change how they feel based on a judge's decision.  The judge can rule for Axl until he's blue in the face...if they feel they are right with how they feel, the judge isn't going to change their minds about it.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Here's the thing you're not thinking about.  It doesn't matter what a judge said.  Sure, from a legal standpoint it does, but that's it.  We all know OJ did it.  Law does not always reflect what happened.  Sometimes people get off on technicalities even though everybody and their mother knows they did it.  Sometimes judges rule for one party even though they know it isn't right because that's how the laws are set up (not saying that happened in this case, just saying it happens).

People don't change how they feel based on a judge's decision.  The judge can rule for Axl until he's blue in the face...if they feel they are right with how they feel, the judge isn't going to change their minds about it.

Buzz, the problem is people still believe that Axl used force to get the band to sign over the name. This incident was never brought up at trial. Also, the notion that Axl exploited the band when they were under the influence of illegal substances was also never introduced.

Why? Because as Dexter said, it never happened.

Perceptions need to change about why the name changed hands and realize that it was just a very ignorant decision by Slash and Duff and a shrewd move by Axl.

Posters here throw around, "Axl stole from Slash and Duff" without acknowledging that there is zero evidence that occurred. the law is very specific in this regard and one cannot coerce another to sign away rights, property under the threat of some reactionary force meant to harm them. Basically, those who side with Slash/Duff refuse to give up this fiction.

Board footer