You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash could have kept that private and just said they won't be playing...like Duff and everyone else. He did not and knows Axl will get the shit storm of bad press for it. Axl is an ass for not playing (amongst other things). However, Slash continues to be an ass with stuff like this. He threw him right under the bus. hmm

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I agree that he threw him under the bus, but if it IS actually Axl's camp and not Axl calling the shots then that's so ridiculous that it deserves to be brought to light.

Again, no way to tell how valid the info if, but there's at least one person that could put the whole thing to rest either way, and he ain't talking.

Sky Dog wrote:

I will be suprised if Axl even attends. hmm

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If someone called you a cancer i think you would be pretty pissed

Sky Dog wrote:

agree...but, they are both asses in my book. I really don't favor one or the other when it comes to the feud. They are both to blame.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

I must have missed the point where it was confirmed that Izzy will show up and wants to play that night at the HOF with the old band.

Sure he didn't SPECIFICALLY mention the RRHOF but he did express desire to play with the original line up. Indeed, given his comments about Dizzy, I'd suggest he's more likely to agree to to the RRHOF than some other random show as the focus is undoubtedly on the AFD band rather than the future variations...which was exactly what he was suggesting he'd like to happen.

Hell..even if Izzy wasn't up for it (which again - would directly contravene his aforementioned public position on GNR reunions) you could bring in Gilby or any other fill in Rhythm player and the world would get on board for the Axl/Slash/Duff fest just as they did in the UYI tour.

The point is EVERY old GNR member has expressed a desire to reunite with the others in some shape or form, except Axl, who has EXPLICITLY denied any intention to do so and aside from the harsh things he said about the others, he has also DIRECTLY said that he will refuse a performance with the old line up because the "price is too high".

If you want to talk about a full time reunion then there's probably sticking points with the ex-members, but in terms of a one-off show, then it's well established that all members are fine with it except Axl.

Does it make him a good or a bad guy? I don't know. From his point of view (new band etc) he probably has great and valid reasons to avoid getting up with Slash. So i'm in no rush to paint him as some villain - but I think it's about time we accept the truth of situation, a truth that he himself directly expresses over and over again in interviews - that he DOES NOT want to play with Slash and that a reunion WILL NOT happen because AXL does not want it to.

To hell with the pressure - he's not caving in!

What is this thread about?  GN'R not playing at the RRHOF.  So, Izzy's position for this specific evening is very relevant.

I'm not saying a reunion will happen.  I've never said that.  I've only been saying that there is an assumption that for this specific evening, that Axl's participation is the only roadblock.  Until Izzy's intentions for this evening, not in a vague and general sense, but for this evening, are known, that is another potential roadblock.

And I completely disagree that the focus of the HOF induction ceremony is the AFD lineup.  If that were the case, then why induct Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed?

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I wake up this morning and I see that Slash is no longer the villian since he came out and flat out said what most of us had already deduced - he wants to play.  But Izzy is still potentially fucking up the night and unless he makes an unequivocal statment that he wants to play, even if he turns up, then he could still be held to blame for no performance.  lol

My view is obviously well known, I believe Axl is potentially the stumbling block to a one off HOF perrformance.  Do I know this 100% - No.  But, here is how I form my views, both here and in real life.  I use known factual information where it's available.  I then add to that my own experience learned from past situations and other logic to come up with my view of the world. 

Same thing applies to this HOF thing.  I look at past facts - Axl still seems to hate Slash going by his continual negative comments over time about the man, too numerous to list.  The other guys if they haven't flat out said they want to play like Adler, have either played with Axl (i.e. their actions) or appear to be cool with him and where they are currently at now - e.g. Sorum. Past experience tells me Axl hates Slash having anything to do with the GN'R name too.

From there I form my opinion that if things don't go ahead it will be due to Axl not wanting to play with them.  Or the others being too frightended to even make contact about it with him, lest they get told to fuck off by the housekeeper or if they are really lucky Axl himself, thereby jeopardising any future reconciliation etc.

Is this positon I hold all based on 100% facts - No!  But if I tried to go through life like that I would never leave my fucking house.  Shit I might be hit by a car when I walk out the door, I don't know 100% so should I just wait inside until somehow I do know 100%?  Of course not, I make an informed judgement about the liklihood of the situation and walk out the door.

Forming opinions like this has served me pretty well.  Most of the time they are pretty accurate, sometimes they are wrong.  So far on the HOF thing I have been proven correct with Duff saying it would be cool to play and now Slash coming out and saying he would like to play.

So I say weigh up the known facts and past experience then tell me with a straight face who is likely to be the fly in the ointment for a HOF performance?  Im not having a go at Axl about this either, he has been very strong on his postion regarding playing with the old guys collectively, I'm just using that position with other information to suggest then that he is the roadblock to a performance.

There rant over, I'm done with this discussion it's doing my head in that some people can't accept what appears to me to be as plain as day.

Aussie

This post to me illustrates the fundamental problem here.  You talk about forming opinions about who is likely to be a roadblock to a reunion at the HOF.  Then, you also have people saying "it's clear as day" that Axl is THE roadblock, as in the only roadblock, to a reunion at the induction ceremony.  Which is it?  Is it your opinion or are you stating that it's a fact that Axl is the only holdup to a reunion?  If you're stating an opinion that Axl is the most likely roadblock, fine, I agree, based on his past stance.  If you are saying that it is a fact, then I think that is a fallacy.  You can't say it's "clear as day", i.e. a fact, that it's ONLY Axl that is the problem here without knowing all the surrounding facts (the positions of the other old band).

Ali

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

I think the Malibu Mafia will move heaven & earth to stop Axl going.
Think about it, they could possibly lose their jobs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

The Malibu Mafia will be with Axl no matter what. He still needs someone to handle his business one way or the other...whether that be taking out the trash, paying his bills, cleaning the toilets, or fixing him some rice and beans.

Board footer