You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

DCK wrote:

They're not gonna play.

Lomax wrote:

shite

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I can't see them playing, if there was a chance they'd be playing then the PR machine would go with either a 'will they/won't they' type thing or just say they're playing for maximum viewers etc. Just having everybody ruling out a performance doesn't make sense unless it just aint happening.

Having said that imagine how much it would stir things up now if Axl came out and said he wouldn't be against playing something.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

This kinda reminds me a lot of the 20th Anniversary of AFD gig at the Key Club  by Adler's Appetite.  Yes, Axl didn't show up.  But, Slash also had his own reasons for not wanting to play.

I just don't understand why everyone thought this was even a realistic possibility without an across the board "yes, I'll play" from everyone not named Axl Rose.

Ali

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Heh. Adler's Appetite to play them in! big_smile

But seriously, it'll be bloody Avenged Sevenfold or someone.

Fuck GN'R. Fuck their stupid, petty egos. Fuck them for not showing the fans some love for one miserable day. No, for TEN FUCKING MINUTES. They're all as guilty as each other. Except Adler, he's the only one who actually wants to play for the fans.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I think VH should perform a GNR track. It would bring the madness full circle.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

This kinda reminds me a lot of the 20th Anniversary of AFD gig at the Key Club  by Adler's Appetite.  Yes, Axl didn't show up.  But, Slash also had his own reasons for not wanting to play.

Yes and according to steven those reasons were:

1. Slash thought that assembling Izzy, Duff, Steven and himself all together on stage without Axl would anger Axl and reduce the chance of a real reunion happening some day.

2. Playing with Izzy and Steve would increase scott and matt paranoia that Slash was going to quit VR to reform GNR.

Lets be real here the only reason any of the ex members have been vague about a RRHOF show is because they have no idea if Axl will come, and if he did come if he would agree to play with them, and, as ever in the last decade, they extensively watch their words in the press to maintain what little relationship or chance of a relationship they have left with Axl.

The only people holding up this show are Axl who has suggested death will come before he has anything to do with Slash, and potentially Izzy who just can not deal with Axl's ways for more than 5 minutes anymore.

I don't think anyone could seriously believe that Slash, Duff and Adler would refuse to play with Axl and Izzy....well not unless there were some fucked up conditions added or something totally unreasonable...like they do the show if they forfeit their interest in AFD or something.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For clarification on this bet you guys are having - if Axl is there but only in the audience does that count? Does he have to actually give a speach himself? Also if he appears via video link or something...will that count?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes and according to steven those reasons were:

1. Slash thought that assembling Izzy, Duff, Steven and himself all together on stage without Axl would anger Axl and reduce the chance of a real reunion happening some day.

2. Playing with Izzy and Steve would increase scott and matt paranoia that Slash was going to quit VR to reform GNR.

Lets be real here the only reason any of the ex members have been vague about a RRHOF show is because they have no idea if Axl will come, and if he did come if he would agree to play with them, and, as ever in the last decade, they extensively watch their words in the press to maintain what little relationship or chance of a relationship they have left with Axl.

The only people holding up this show are Axl who has suggested death will come before he has anything to do with Slash, and potentially Izzy who just can not deal with Axl's ways for more than 5 minutes anymore.

I don't think anyone could seriously believe that Slash, Duff and Adler would refuse to play with Axl and Izzy....well not unless there were some fucked up conditions added or something totally unreasonable...like they do the show if they forfeit their interest in AFD or something.

According to Steven?

How about according to Slash himself.  There is no indication from Slash himself, not Steven, who is not Slash, that his decision was dependent at all on Axl.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla … emID=78428

"I went down there for a minute to say 'Hi' to Steven [Adler, original GUNS N' ROSES drummer, who was headlining the show with his band ADLER'S APPETITE] and what-not. What happened was Steven has finally come out of that sort of haze that he's been in for the last 17 years — I don't think I need to explain it any more than that. I was sort of instrumental in getting him out of the place he was in into a little bit more sober kind of environment. So I've been hanging out with him and supporting him and stuff. He had that gig that was about to happen, and I'm really jazzed that he's gotten back on the drums and he's gotten ambitious again and he's gonna go out and play. And then at some point he went public and said… Steven's just an excitable guy and he meant well when he said it, but he said that there was gonna be this reunion, that I was gonna be there and Duff [McKagan] and Izzy [Stradlin] and Axl [Rose] possibly, and that just fueled that already rapid-fire kind of GUNS N' ROSES rumors that goes on. Once I started getting phone calls and e-mails from all over the world about this gig, I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.' So I went down there but I didn't wanna get up and play because I didn't wanna fuel that any further. So I think Duff got up and played, and Izzy got up and played, and it was what it was, but I don't see any reunion happening for real."

So, yes, Slash, as well as the others, are capable of making a decision independent of Axl that would block a reunion from happening.  I cite the above example to show that.

Ali

Board footer