You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:
DCK wrote:

"Izzy doesn't do well when it come to press related things. He is very camera shy. "  "He even let me down when I needed him to help with Reckless Road. When I told him what I was doing , he was excited but, still couldn't find a way to help me. All your going to get from Izzy is new music every 6 months for the rest of his life, which is very cool but that it."

Ok so let's put our heads together now;

How can we pin this on Axl?

He's ginger. Gingers have no soul.

Ergo. Axl killed izzy back in "91 in a Double Talking Jive Motherfucker heroin rage because he was jealous of his soul.
He replaced him with a clone, but not just any clone, he mixed some of his own DNA to make it a recluse clone, hoping that would explain why Izzy was suddenly 50 iq points off the quality of material he was producing UYI era.

Ergo. The sky is falling in

You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Time to face the facts etc etc.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I posted pages and pages back that Izzy was the biggest question mark. Nobody listened. The dude has been a recluse for 20 years. He's suddenly going to show up on rock's biggest night. Nope. It's way more likely there's a reunion without Izzy than with him.

Carry on.

The dude is a recluse thanks to Axl.

Bom, voila. World makes sense again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I still think Izzy is irrelevant.

Izzy could be there with his guitar plugged in and Axl won't take the stage if Slash is around.

Meanwhile since the UYI tour onwards no one but us hardcores cares if he's in the band. I love him to death, but if you have Dizzy and Matt up there - you could get Gilby - and have the UYI band play and people would loose their shit reliving the NR video clip, reliving Terminator 2 with YCBM , and when they saw the UYI tour.

So izzy can not be there and the night would still smash it out of the park.

I feel like i'm being a hater in this thread, but the thing is, I love Chinese Democracy, but I'm just calling what I believe to be the situation - that Izzy and Slash would be hard pressed to even get onto Axl on the phone because there is a saftey wall that keeps people Axl is angry with away - and if they did - well he doesn't have a lot of time for reunion talk - would be a short conversation I'd guess.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I still think Izzy is irrelevant.

Izzy could be there with his guitar plugged in and Axl won't take the stage if Slash is around.

Meanwhile since the UYI tour onwards no one but us hardcores cares if he's in the band. I love him to death, but if you have Dizzy and Matt up there - you could get Gilby - and have the UYI band play and people would loose their shit reliving the NR video clip, reliving Terminator 2 with YCBM , and when they saw the UYI tour.

So izzy can not be there and the night would still smash it out of the park.

I feel like i'm being a hater in this thread, but the thing is, I love Chinese Democracy, but I'm just calling what I believe to be the situation - that Izzy and Slash would be hard pressed to even get onto Axl on the phone because there is a saftey wall that keeps people Axl is angry with away - and if they did - well he doesn't have a lot of time for reunion talk - would be a short conversation I'd guess.

Izzy's relevance depends on each person's perspective on what is a true reunion and possibly the value placed on the different members and their contributions.  To me, Axl and Izzy were the most important components of the old band.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Oh yeah Izzy and Axl are the most importnat blah blah blah and if Axl got up on stage and played with Slash it'd pale in comparison to if Izzy and Axl performed together.  yeah yeah and if the other 4 reunited and played without Izzy it wouldn't be a  reunion and Ali would find ways to disqualify it and negate the significance of it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I personally don't give a shit if Axl and Slash play with Flea and Chad Smith backing them up. I wanna see Slash and Axl play together first and foremost.. each additional member is just icing and sprinkles.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Funny.  I remember a few days ago it was suggested that there could possibly be other factors at play besides Axl's willingness to play, it was dismissed quite summarily.  Guess it wasn't quite so simple 19

Ali

Honestly what is your deal. Your posts are so lame. Nothing but spin over and over and over. You constantly talk about not assuming thinsg and then you're the master of assuptions. Such a  hypocrit. You're posts are terrible dude.  You'll say anything to be right regardless of how lame it makes you look.

IF Axl would just flat out say he's gonna do it like the other non recluse members did,  Izzy would be there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Izzy just doesn't wanna be part fo the bullshit. BUT whatever helps ya sleep at night Ali and whatever makes you feel good about yourself. An ounce of common sense tells you it's Axl's bullshit that has fucked this all up. But live in your bubble if it suits you.

Bitchy Bono strikes again.

Saying phrases like "whatever helps you sleep at night" and "live in your bubble if it suits you" are not needed to get your point across. Whenever you disagree with someone, you feel the need to verbally abuse them left and right. I know people say some pretty worthless stuff, but act in a decent manner when responding

Awe boo hoo. Bitchy Bono stirke s again. Fact is some of you clearly live in a  bubble. It's down right embarassing. When you've got people living in such a  clearly dellusional state there's nothing wrong with calling ti like it is. I've never seen ayone work as hard as Ali does to drum up such nonsense to support his posts.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

So I read that Green Day will be inducting them. Yay? Don't know how excited I am for any of it at this point, but I'll watch it on HBO when it comes out.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh yeah Izzy and Axl are the most importnat blah blah blah and if Axl got up on stage and played with Slash it'd pale in comparison to if Izzy and Axl performed together.  yeah yeah and if the other 4 reunited and played without Izzy it wouldn't be a  reunion and Ali would find ways to disqualify it and negate the significance of it.

There's no spin and no one's saying Izzy is more important than anyone. I'm just saying it's not a true reunion without him. He's being inducted, not Gilby.

And Axl's already played with Izzy, so I don't know what you're going for there.

Board footer