You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Intercourse wrote:

There you have it. Duff has called Izzy and Axl out here. Well done. He's prepared to risk his peace with them to say its time to 'man up'.

Loved the letter too. Got a weird stab of emotion reading it. I just want them to make up, smile and play. It would make my year.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Total class article. Duff basically calls EVERYONE out, Axl & Slash's egos, Izzy's "too cool for school" reclusiveness, and Steven's big mouth.

Duff didn't just ask for a couple songs, he also asked for some class.

Seems he's the only one left that has any from GNR's past.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Duff didn't just ask for a couple songs, he also asked for some class.

He's the only one in the band with any real manners. Who would have thought the bloated inanely grinning alcoholic was the true gentleman of the group?

I must say, lately Matt seems to have come down off of his 'Sorum is God' trip and is talking like a gent with a brain also.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think Duff being from Seattle is the difference, at least from the rock community standpoint.

When you listen to a grunge rocker talk shop, there's something so laid back and humbled about them talking. Very gracious.

When you listen to an LA sunset strip glam rocker talk -- oozes arrogance 9/10 times, unless it's Bret Michaels or Rikki Rocket, which seem like nice guys.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Duff is the Man. Love that he just called everyone out.  Anyone holding this up should feel embarassed and ashamed of themselves.

577542_10151477265450397_761060396_23551740_1893799535_n.jpg

johndivney wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

There you have it. Duff has called Izzy and Axl out here. Well done. He's prepared to risk his peace with them to say its time to 'man up'.

Too little, too late?
Why'd he not come out & say this months ago instead of the week prior to happening?!

It'd be one of most surprising gnr moments if Axl (& Izzy?) changed his mind because of some soppy love letter written by a fatass fan of the old band..
Duffer has gotten a little soft.
Wouldn't say that to his face tho tongue

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think honestly these guys are RICH, SPOILED -- rockstars.

It's a simple as that.

But I don't believe ANY of them are heartless. Maybe pussy, and selfish, but not heartless.

I'm sure some of these guys thought it would be 'big to the fans', but that letter that dude drew up last week was so spot on and heartfelt that I think it struck Duff as to how important this truely is to the Guns N' Roses fans, without being unsupportive to who all of them are today without it.

And Duff expressed his heartfelt feelings on it. Slash is about to rollout a new album, as is Steven (I expect them to be busy).

And guess who that leaves that aren't saying anything?

Axl & Izzy

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think honestly these guys are RICH, SPOILED -- rockstars.

It's a simple as that.

But I don't believe ANY of them are heartless. Maybe pussy, and selfish, but not heartless.

I'm sure some of these guys thought it would be 'big to the fans', but that letter that dude drew up last week was so spot on and heartfelt that I think it struck Duff as to how important this truely is to the Guns N' Roses fans, without being unsupportive to who all of them are today without it.

And Duff expressed his heartfelt feelings on it. Slash is about to rollout a new album, as is Steven (I expect them to be busy).

And guess who that leaves that aren't saying anything?

Axl & Izzy

Yeah. The funny thing is, and it probably echoes Axl's thoughts, that Jarmo is preaching about 'selfish old-band fans' out there, who want things happen how they like it and don't take attention to others' feelings. I don't think that it'd be about selfish fans... it's more about some selfish middle-aged millionaire rock stars, who cannot forgive, who cannot grow up, who cannot man up, not even for 15 minutes.

Hell, even is Izzy's going to lose credibility if he's continuing with his narcistic 'I don't wanna go, there will be spotlight and memories' bullshit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I say they end up doing Knockin On Heaven's Door.

johndivney wrote:

is it a matter of losing credibility or a matter of losing customers?

Board footer