You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

-D- wrote:

If Axl cuts n pastes solos.. doesn't that disqualify anything being BETTER than a Slash solo?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll give Axl this -- he's consistent.

Give him credit, it takes hard work to keep up being Rock N' Roll's #1 HEEL in the history of the genre.

At the same time, people acting like this gives the pussy some sort of street cred, must have the Kool Aid hooked up through IV, going directly into their veins.

All this is, is Axl ducking out of the ring, running off with the belt, and refusing to give somebody a re-match for the title.

There's nothing "strong" or "honorable" about it. He's running away from it, like the pussy he is.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Give him credit, it takes hard work to keep up being Rock N' Roll's #1 HEEL in the history of the genre.

At the same time, people acting like this gives the pussy some sort of street cred, must have the Kool Aid hooked up through IV, going directly into their veins.

All this is, is Axl ducking out of the ring, running off with the belt, and refusing to give somebody a re-match for the title.

There's nothing "strong" or "honorable" about it. He's running away from it, like the pussy he is.

Yep, just a goddamn pussy.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! So Killing Vector how much does Axl pay you?

An ounce of common sense tells you that this has nothing to do with  the RRHOF cause had Axl's new band been inducted he'd be there with bells on. We all know it.  All this has to do with is Axl's bitchy attitude towards being associated with Slash and whoever else is on his shit list. Hilarious to see you and  very few others defend him and try to twist this into a case of something it's not.  Nobody is naive enough to think this is about the hall. It's about the old band with or without the hall.

defending Axl Rose at this point makes a person look utterly insane.

There are two separate issues at play. Axl does not seem to respect the validity of the Hall, just as Duff does not. Read his piece on espn.com. Duff decided to attend b/c of the great fan excitement over their induction. It had nothing to do with the Hall.

Axl has issues with it.

He also has substantial issues with people who lie, badmouth, and sue him. So why share a stage with these individuals for an award that you really don't care for anyway?

Why? Because millions of people, and most of this board, treat GNR like religion and saw this as the only chance at a five minute reunion. Then you simply shut up and go, because the fans want you there.

The Beatles did it, but not Uncle Axl.

I didn't really care much for this bullshit from the start, but I do care about GNR fans and THEY felt this meant so much. So I'll stick up for them and call a spade a spade. Axl didn't come and he's trying to make rocket science out of a soap opera.

With the rest, read Duffs stuff on this. He says the same thing as Axl, but comes out of it with one VERY different conclusion; THE FANS WANTED IT BADLY.

Thats why he comes.

Axl feels its awkward and runs.

That's why Duff is the man and Axl is a pussy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest though it's not a surprise.

It's been said he anally raped Erin, that he beat Stephanie, he's notorious for how many stage riots, late starts, throwing piano's out windows, smashing up his household weekly, punching out photographers, leveraging control of his band and alienating dozens of musicians, managers and employees.

It's just possible guys that our Axl has some issues wink

So i can't say i'm shocked that he's not being a nice guy to all us fans tonight.

I think Slash said it best when he said that the very things that make Axl so hard to deal with are also what drove him to be the greatest front man around.

So yeah...i guess I long ago accepted the fact that Axl is an asshole, and for that matter I think so are a bunch of the rest of GNR too when you look at what they've done to others, problem is...he's also my favourite singer and songwriter of all time.

So yeah...it is what it is...I remain a GNR fan and a fan of related bands....even on nights like tonight when it's depressing as fuck to be.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

As I thought 'lame'. Axl probably thinks this was another azoff power play.

I agree with D - time to prove your guns n roses Axl. New music!

So how's it gonna work out 'we induct guns n roses minus w. Axl rose?'

The only thing that makes me sad about this is the lauding over Axl at what essentially is a sad situation for gnr fans. The more fucked up it is with the old band the better for some people.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The only thing that makes me sad about this is the lauding over Axl at what essentially is a sad situation for gnr fans. The more fucked up it is with the old band the better for some people.

Agree. I'd add that he did everything to make this induction bitter for the other band members. I really wish they'd not let it happen, go out and play to have a good time. 9

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Screw that man. I'm not on any koolaid (not really a big fan of the new band) and I think Axl not showing up is fine. Doesn't say anything about him other than he doesn't want any part of the old band anymore and anyone acting like this shouldn't have been expected is fooling themselves. I never got hyped for RRHOF because Axl is Axl.

Axl is right too, the old band is done and people should finally accept that and stop getting excited about whatever rumors, superbowls or award shows are coming up. Be happy for what GNR was.

So besides the usual paranoid banter (boo boo RRHOF is conspiring against me!) I though Axl's message was fine. Just *imo*

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Not trying to be a dick either, sorry Axlin12 if I came off that way.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Agree. I'd add that he did everything to make this induction bitter for the other band members. I really wish they'd not let it happen, go out and play to have a good time. 9

I agree, and it's the only way left to make a positive out of something Axl & Steven turned into negatives.

For Slash, Izzy (god willing), Duff & Steven, and hell even Matt to go out there and just play, all smiles and be total class about it, would show the kind of men they are, how they are LEAPS AND BOUNDS ABOVE Axl as musicians, players, and their respect for their fans.

"Axl Rose doesn't owe you"

Yep, and he made that perfectly clear. That door swings both ways. He doesn't respect us, we don't have to respect him. Classless, unprofessional, totally disrespectful, and unforgiveable to GN'R fans. The worst thing about it is his grand standing is (whether intentional or not), gonna be a MAJOR distraction. And he knew it. Total move for him to once again say, "I AM Guns N' Roses, and I DECIDE what Guns N' Roses is, NO ONE else".

Now everyone knows how Tracii Guns felt in 1986. 16

Board footer