You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

They cut off the last part of Axls letter:

"Sincerely,

Axl Rose

P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

P.P.S And FYI Dizzy your not fuckin going either!!"

I did a spit take when reading this. 14 14 14

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

So what do you do if you're in Duff or Slash's boots now?

Who can sing an old song with you? scott? Myles? That would look lame.

Play an instrumental? That would look kinda lame too.

Busting out It's So Easy would be fucking badass with or without Axl. Izzy or Duff could easily sing It's So Easy. 14 Years with Izzy, awesome.  Rocket Queen instrumental would kick ass.  It would not look lame. the only thing/person that would look lame would be Axl. Those four guys getting up there and knocking it outta the park without Axl woud only show the world what a f ucking clown Axl really is.

What i don't want si a guest siger. Fuck that noise. We don't need someone going up there and then everyone syaing "oh wow Axl is so much better" Fuck Axl Rose. Don't give anyone a chnace to mention him. I swear the original four going up there and busting out tunes without Axl would fucking RULE! 9

Yep Fuck the pussy
instrumental would be cool bit of everthing 22

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Axl thought he got some shit throwen at him on stage before 14 hes gonna cop it big time now

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Check out facebook hes copping a bashing that will learn him but probably not this is gonna hurt the new GNR big time 
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/gunsnroses

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Bubblefoot and the boys will be say fuckkkkkkkk we are going down down down poor fuckers

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl needs to read the Bible or anything that teaches people to forgive and not hold hate forever.

How much do you have to give before you realize that the receiving hand cannot be trusted? With the art, with the truth?

Axl's sentiments toward Adler are well known. It is very apparent that Adler viewed this induction as his ticket to pressure Axl into a reunion.

Slash sued Axl at least twice; once for the name of the band (a cocktail napkin with a signature wasn't enough to convince a judge) and once for fraud.  He even lied about the visit to his house when Slash was having lead singer problems in VR.

What does Axl have to gain by trusting and forgiving these men again? At some point, you have to cut bait and move on.

Pretty sure Duff has sued Axl as well and talked about him negatively in the press...

Can you explain to me what Slash has done to Axl that Duff hasnt , that is so terrible and cannot be forgiven?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I have no doubt in my mind that Axl will be there.

Do ya want to put a bet on it if he doesnt show up you by me the next slash cd if he shows up ill buy you the next GNR cd 16

I'll take that action.

Just to clarify;

My definition of "show up" is just that; Axl is in the building, not performing etc etc.

Thanks mate that was too easy 22

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Thought these couple of posts on mygnr by Marc Canter summed things up quite well:

I knew from the start that it was going to be a problem with Axl in the same room with Slash. Thats why I said for me it would be fine if they didn't play just being in the same room was going to be good enough for me. This whole thing is very sad for me to watch. If Axl would just get some Counseling about his beef with Slash, it wouldn't fix all the problem between them, it would lesson the blow and maybe he would be able to live life a little better.

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

johndivney wrote:

yea @ the end of the day, in spite of all the vitriol, it remains a sad fucking wasted situation.

surely he's spent (misspent) millions on getting counselling.

unless he tells us explicitly why he can't find it in himself to drop the Slash thing he's always gonna look like a mental midget, a big baby.

fwiw, i also thought it'd have been enough to at least celebrate their achievements together w/o having to play
like what duff says about just getting the guys in a room & congratulating each other on what they did. you could do it five minutes.
even that, being in his presence for that short amount of time, is too painful for a 50y.o. dude w/a handlebar banging lana del rey?!
there is either something seriously askew in axl's make-up or slash has done something truly unspeakably horrible. those are the only explanations left at this stage.

it is sad.
story of GnR quite frankly.
wasted potential.

Board footer