You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

jimmythegent wrote:

I can almost understand him not attending (still think he should mind) but not accepting and in fact removing himself from any acceptance of the award is really nasty and like Aussie said, pretty unforgivable - a massive kick in the teeth to not only the band and legacy being honored but also the fans who adore/adored them.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think that what Slash is alleged to have done is probably quite minor in the overall scheme of things. Particularly against the backdrop of what the others including Axl have done in the past.

Yet Axl has held this grudge for so long and built up whatever Slash as done into something so significant, that he probably can't come out and say exactly what the reasons are now because everyone would laugh and say "is that it, is that why you've held a 20 year grudge for? How pathetic.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Aussie wrote:

I think that what Slash is alleged to have done is probably quite minor in the overall scheme of things. Particularly against the backdrop of what the others including Axl have done in the past.

Yet Axl has held this grudge for so long and built up whatever Slash as done into something so significant, that he probably can't come out and say exactly what the reasons are now because everyone would laugh and say "is that it, is that why you've held a 20 year grudge for? How pathetic.

Suing for theft and fraud and, then, a court order to restore the original partnership minus Axl is relatively minor.

LOL.

Not to mention the revisionist history on how the band broke up (all blame on Axl's ego, no blame on Slash).

Please, now.

killingvector

Olorin wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl needs to read the Bible or anything that teaches people to forgive and not hold hate forever.

How much do you have to give before you realize that the receiving hand cannot be trusted? With the art, with the truth?

Axl's sentiments toward Adler are well known. It is very apparent that Adler viewed this induction as his ticket to pressure Axl into a reunion.

Slash sued Axl at least twice; once for the name of the band (a cocktail napkin with a signature wasn't enough to convince a judge) and once for fraud.  He even lied about the visit to his house when Slash was having lead singer problems in VR.

What does Axl have to gain by trusting and forgiving these men again? At some point, you have to cut bait and move on.

Pretty sure Duff has sued Axl as well and talked about him negatively in the press...

Can you explain to me what Slash has done to Axl that Duff hasnt , that is so terrible and cannot be forgiven?

We aren't privy to what Duff and Axl talked about. It is very possible the lawsuit was Slash driven. Irregardless, there was a burying of the hatchet.

Additionally, the level at which Slash has badmouthed and revised history is in no way on par with statements Duff has made.

killingvector

Aussie wrote:

Thought these couple of posts on mygnr by Marc Canter summed things up quite well:

I knew from the start that it was going to be a problem with Axl in the same room with Slash. Thats why I said for me it would be fine if they didn't play just being in the same room was going to be good enough for me. This whole thing is very sad for me to watch. If Axl would just get some Counseling about his beef with Slash, it wouldn't fix all the problem between them, it would lesson the blow and maybe he would be able to live life a little better.

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

I disagree.

Axl has moved on.

Duff and Slash have moved on. They don't need a reunion at this point. Loaded is doing great, Slash has his shiny new toy in Myles.

Adler is one guy who needs this beyond all measure. At the end of the day, his big mouth made the decision easy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

killingvector

DCK wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! So Killing Vector how much does Axl pay you?

An ounce of common sense tells you that this has nothing to do with  the RRHOF cause had Axl's new band been inducted he'd be there with bells on. We all know it.  All this has to do with is Axl's bitchy attitude towards being associated with Slash and whoever else is on his shit list. Hilarious to see you and  very few others defend him and try to twist this into a case of something it's not.  Nobody is naive enough to think this is about the hall. It's about the old band with or without the hall.

defending Axl Rose at this point makes a person look utterly insane.

There are two separate issues at play. Axl does not seem to respect the validity of the Hall, just as Duff does not. Read his piece on espn.com. Duff decided to attend b/c of the great fan excitement over their induction. It had nothing to do with the Hall.

Axl has issues with it.

He also has substantial issues with people who lie, badmouth, and sue him. So why share a stage with these individuals for an award that you really don't care for anyway?

Why? Because millions of people, and most of this board, treat GNR like religion and saw this as the only chance at a five minute reunion. Then you simply shut up and go, because the fans want you there.

The Beatles did it, but not Uncle Axl.

I didn't really care much for this bullshit from the start, but I do care about GNR fans and THEY felt this meant so much. So I'll stick up for them and call a spade a spade. Axl didn't come and he's trying to make rocket science out of a soap opera.

With the rest, read Duffs stuff on this. He says the same thing as Axl, but comes out of it with one VERY different conclusion; THE FANS WANTED IT BADLY.

Thats why he comes.

Axl feels its awkward and runs.

That's why Duff is the man and Axl is a pussy.

And I am sure there are certain things you wouldn't do just because others wanted them to be.

For Axl, there is a limit to which he will rise above the fray. In this case, he couldn't stand on stage with certain individuals who publicly sued him, lied about him, and continually bad mouthed him.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

KV, give it up bro...  This was bigger than Axl, he is a little bitch for making this about him and not the fans.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Thought these couple of posts on mygnr by Marc Canter summed things up quite well:

I knew from the start that it was going to be a problem with Axl in the same room with Slash. Thats why I said for me it would be fine if they didn't play just being in the same room was going to be good enough for me. This whole thing is very sad for me to watch. If Axl would just get some Counseling about his beef with Slash, it wouldn't fix all the problem between them, it would lesson the blow and maybe he would be able to live life a little better.

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

I disagree.

Axl has moved on.

Duff and Slash have moved on. They don't need a reunion at this point. Loaded is doing great, Slash has his shiny new toy in Myles.

Adler is one guy who needs this beyond all measure. At the end of the day, his big mouth made the decision easy.

I don't believe he is implying they need a reunion. He is implying that Axl needs to let go of hs obsessive hatred for Slash. It looks to me like Slash and Duff are willing to let the past go, Axl however can't. He apparently can't even be in the same room as Slash even if they don't perform together. Yeah sure Axl has moved on 18

Board footer