You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Accepts STEVEN's Apology For 'Hacks' Comment

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So Axl 'says' accepting the award is okay for him, but the price of a one-off reunion show with 3 songs would be too much, so he doesn't wanna do that?

Go write him a letter and save us your bitching.

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

Even in Indonesia, we all  still love old member..but anyway life must go on and i still support the new hack band hehehehe, it would be fuckin damn good if AXL and IZZY will b there smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So Axl 'says' accepting the award is okay for him, but the price of a one-off reunion show with 3 songs would be too much, so he doesn't wanna do that?

Did I miss something? When did he say he didn't want to do it? When did he actually open his mouth about it at all?

But even so, let me call his shrink and get back to you. This requires some hardcore Axl mentality Freudian research or something.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Did I miss something? When did he say he didn't want to do it? When did he actually open his mouth about it at all?

But even so, let me call his shrink and get back to you. This requires some hardcore Axl mentality Freudian research or something.

Calm down, I only asked how you read Axl's words. Since you wrote this, if you remember:

Axl did so when it was first announced, still remember the humble appreciation during one of the shows. Then he said he wasn't sure what was going to happen, but left most doors open and didn't state anything which could be regarded as negative. Unless I missed a rant or something.

What makes you think he left the doors open for a performance? What that Axl said? His interviews are always vague, he barely gives a straight answer. He was straight and consistent about only one thing in the past 15 years: he hates Slash and doesn't wanna play with him again. Never. Last time he was softer, but was still talking about the 'too high price'. I'm really curious what makes you think he'd do a one-off RRHOF reunion show.

Don't get me wrong, as some will probably start a flame war against me that I wanna blame Axl for the possible no-performance. No. I'd be surprised if they would be playing. That's all. We all know their positions about a reunion from the past years. I've always felt (and expressed) that five (+2) of them onstage together, accepting the award would be good enough for me. Anything more by them would be a pleasent surprise. But I still don't find any quote, or even a vague comment by Axl that he's not against a performance with Slash. As I read his words, he'd be okay with accepting the award with him. That'd be good enough for me. Babysteps, that wouldn't lead to a reunion, but would probably lead to a more peaceful and civilized post-GN'R world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Adler: "I meant to say scabs instead of hacks."

Is that any better? How does it affect things now?

It's all bullshit nowadays, what a circus!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Perhaps Axl and Izzy can play over video conference or something, that way they don't need to share the stage!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Steven just isn't smart.  That's all it comes down to.  I honestly don't think he means any harm by what he says.  In fact, i don't think he knows the true meaning of what he says.  He simply speaks without giving it much thought.  The guy is lucky to be alive.  He should be happy for that and stop regretting that the original GNR is never getting back together.

Lomax wrote:
faldor wrote:

Steven just isn't smart.  That's all it comes down to.  I honestly don't think he means any harm by what he says.  In fact, i don't think he knows the true meaning of what he says.  He simply speaks without giving it much thought.  The guy is lucky to be alive.  He should be happy for that and stop regretting that the original GNR is never getting back together.

That's it in a nutshell really.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Any smarts Steven had were smoked out years ago. I like him though, he shoots from the hip and doesnt piss out that non committal spineless pseudo logic that has became so popular with new GNR members.

Someone really needs to remind him that he was fired from the band 20 years ago for being a raving smackhead, he didnt go on strike lol.

Board footer