You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Accepts STEVEN's Apology For 'Hacks' Comment

metallex78 wrote:

Wasn't sure if you guys all saw this earlier today.

BUMBLEFOOT Accepts STEVEN ADLER's Apology For 'Hacks' Comment

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla … mID=172026

Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead, has accepted original GN'R drummer Steven Adler's apology for referring to the current GUNS lineup as a "band of hacks."

In an interview with Loudwire conducted on Thursday, March 29, Adler spoke about his desire to see the original lineup for GUNS N' ROSES perform at the band's upcoming induction into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, saying that he and fellow ex-GUNS N' ROSES member, Slash, would love to take the stage with their former bandmates once again.

"[Slash is] my brother. I know he's up to it," Adler said. "He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]'s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band — his band of hacks. 'Axl and His Hacks' — it shouldn't even be GUNS N' ROSES. He's just driving that name into the freakin' ground. 'Axl and His Hacks.'"

Earlier today, Adler released a statement in which he apologized for yesterday's comments, explaining, "Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It's hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest-selling debut albums of all time and it's no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They're not hacks in the sense that they can't play, they're all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement."

After reading Adler's apology, Thal responded on his Facebook page, "All good, bro. Thanks so much. We all just want to make music and make people happy. As far as all the GN'R hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' with Lita Ford) and you guys were great. I won't be at Hall Of Fame. If you go, please give everyone a big hello for me."

bumbleadler.jpg

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What a goddamn soap opera.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And Ron is going to regret getting involved, because something like this will most likely happen again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Steven's apology is pretty well worded.

I was expecting more like:

"I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank - that treacherous fuck who isn't the real GNR drummer and only sits there because Axl is an asshole who wont give the world what it wants, and Chris for my statement. Sorry my love." wink wink

It's cool that Steven and Bumble didn't let this blow out any further though.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

Always straight, pure class coming from Ron.

Yeah being the bigger person is always the best policy. It was cool of him to talk to Steven in such a positive way. Steven needs to stop acting like a child and just wait for the friggn event to happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I know. I can't fucking stand it anymore. All it'd take is Axl putting this to bed, but he's too pussy. Even if he doesn't want to reunite, he should LEAD and be on top of this shit and not send the hired Guns out there to handle PR with the ACTUAL Guns back in the day.

I mean seriously, what the FUCK? That alone is just a mindfuck.

Ron is total class, and Steven was an ass, but at the same time Steven Adler having to apologize to a new Gunner about Guns N' Roses is... unacceptable on some level in some universe.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I know. I can't fucking stand it anymore. All it'd take is Axl putting this to bed, but he's too pussy. Even if he doesn't want to reunite, he should LEAD and be on top of this shit and not send the hired Guns out there to handle PR with the ACTUAL Guns back in the day.

I mean seriously, what the FUCK? That alone is just a mindfuck.

Ron is total class, and Steven was an ass, but at the same time Steven Adler having to apologize to a new Gunner about Guns N' Roses is... unacceptable on some level in some universe.

Agree.

Steven came out and spoke whatever he had to say.
Duff came out and told us about his thought and feelings and positiion.
So did Slash.
So did Matt.

Axl, Izzy and Dizzy. Please man up and state where you stand. Now. Cause even DJ was faster than you.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl did so when it was first announced, still remember the humble appreciation during one of the shows. Then he said he wasn't sure what was going to happen, but left most doors open and didn't state anything which could be regarded as negative. Unless I missed a rant or something.

Izzy never speaks. Never have.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So Axl 'says' accepting the award is okay for him, but the price of a one-off reunion show with 3 songs would be too much, so he doesn't wanna do that?

Board footer