You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Green Day to Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rea

otto wrote:

By Andy Greene
April 3, 2012 4:05 PM ET
There's now one less mystery surrounding Guns N' Roses' entrance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Green Day will deliver their induction speech. While Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed have all indicated they'll be present at the April 14th ceremony in Cleveland, Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin have yet to publicly confirm their attendance. If Rose doesn't show, it's unlikely that the group will perform – and it's unclear whether or not Green Day will play in their place.

Green Day join an all-star group of speakers slated for the ceremony. Chris Rock is going to induct the Red Hot Chili Peppers alongside Bette Midler for Laura Nyro, Chuck D for the Beastie Boys, ZZ Top for Freddie King, Carole King for Don Kirshner, John Mellencamp for Donovan and Steve Van Zandt for Small Faces/Faces. Robbie Robertson will also be there to induct Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns, and Smokey Robinson will induct the Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles.

The possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has intrigued fans of the group for many years. They haven't performed with drummer Adler since 1990, and Rose hasn't played with Slash since 1993. Rose currently tours with a new lineup of Guns N' Roses, though in recent years original members McKagan and Stradlin have sat in with the band on rare occasions.

"Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen [at the Hall of Fame]," Slash told Rolling Stone earlier this week.  "And they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to fucking play, but it's just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason." Relations between Rose and Slash remain, to put it mildly, strained. "He hates my guts," says Slash. "It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes decisions."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1r0tpp6hR

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Strange choice for inducting Guns. Even though I love Green Day. But..hey as long as I see something good happen on stage with Axl & Izzy in the equation, I'll be happy! Whether it's a performance or just most of them getting along and on speaking terms again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally hate green day - no offence to those fans...just not my style of music, and a truly strange choice IMO, i can imagine duff listening to them but I'd be surprised if Steven or Slash was into that sound.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Random. Probably being paid for it.

After all the fucking drama I'm surprised RRHOF could be steed to find someone.

Boy I'm negative today!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I just wish it was someone who followed in GNR's footsteps or was in some way linked to their sound or something..seems out of place.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Green Day is my 2nd favorite band so I'm happy but its definitely a strange choice. Green Day is a political band, which Axl has said in interviews that he isn't a fan of political bands

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hell..maybe Axl is a fan of them! xD It's a possibility. I would of thought out of people to represent them would be Steven Tyler or Keith Richards..hell..even Baz! xD

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry didn't mean to hang crap on your second favourite dude smile

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I just wish it was someone who followed in GNR's footsteps or was in some way linked to their sound or something..seems out of place.

Agreed. A political punk rock band isn't GnR at all

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Green Day are huge, probably have something to promote and it just fitted well in terms of 'business'.

Its hard to know who to put in there. The sleaze rock megathon ended with GNR so who would be the rightful heirs to send up there?

Board footer