You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Green Day to Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rea

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I personally hate green day - no offence to those fans...just not my style of music, and a truly strange choice IMO, i can imagine duff listening to them but I'd be surprised if Steven or Slash was into that sound.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Awful.

I didn't think it was possible for me to be less interested in this whole HoF thing but they've found a way for that to happen.

So true. Although GD plays a little part in this. What happened and didn't happen in the past few weeks just turned it into another sad and boring episode of the whole GN'R drama. They're repeating themselves, just the scene is changing a little bit.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Green Day sucks!  I think this is an awful choice.  I believe the HOF was left scrambling to get someone and with the inductees so random about everything the HOF had to pull the trigger on something.

I am personally more interested in the potential of the Duff show then I am the Induction at this point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The only good induction was when Metallica inducted Black Sabbath, and played a killer set of Sabbath tunes. Metallica's own induction was pretty killer too.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

The only good induction was when Metallica inducted Black Sabbath, and played a killer set of Sabbath tunes. Metallica's own induction was pretty killer too.

Bruce Springstein inducting U2 and then performing with them was awesome.

Nevermind our opinions on Green Day's music;  having them induct Guns N' Roses is just flat out weird. It's really stupid to be honest.

johndivney wrote:

i'm w/intercourse on this one - there really isn't anyone who has come after GnR. they weren't so much the full stop for classic rock as an exclamation mark. nobody has been able to assume the mantle or achieve the success. green day are as close to rock as any major 'rock' band of the last 15 yrs have come. who else are you gonna have, coldplay?!

i'm not a green day fan btw.

green day are just as notable as trey anastasio or zach de la rocha or alicia keys fwiw

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

the thing is it doesn't need to be someone who came after. The Boss definitely did NOT come after U2.  It's very strange that of all the bands in the world they picked Green Day. Like I said it's a weird and stupid choice.  Unless of course someone in Gn'R is a big Green Day fan. Let's face it, is this any more weird than Axl intrducing The Killers?  Not really.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Bruce Springstein inducting U2 and then performing with them was awesome.

Didn't see that, but sounds like it would've been a good one too.:thumbup:

Board footer