You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Green Day to Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Rea

metallex78 wrote:

They should get Aerosmith or Motley Crue to induct GN'R. I'm sure Lars Ulrich could get up and say some great things for an induction too.

Green Day, I like them, but they kinda came out with a stance that made a joke of and was the antithesis to all the rock opera, that GN'R had turned into by that time (with the epic ballads & back up singers etc).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

They should get Aerosmith or Motley Crue to induct GN'R. I'm sure Lars Ulrich could get up and say some great things for an induction too.

Green Day, I like them, but they kinda came out with a stance that made a joke of and was the antithesis to all the rock opera, that GN'R had turned into by that time (with the epic ballads & back up singers etc).

Huh?  Green Day's music has been set to a broadway show.  What's more rock opera than that?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Huh?  Green Day's music has been set to a broadway show.  What's more rock opera than that?

That's what Green Day eventually turned into, but they started as a snotty pop punk band.

Maybe they are pretty well suited to induct then... 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'll agree that I don't really see the similarities between the two bands, aside from both being popular.  I won't slam the choice until I hear what they have to say.  If they give a good induction speech, I'm fine with it.  I have no axe to grind against Green Day.  Not yet at least.

Sky Dog wrote:

this whole thing sucks ass....

nugdafied wrote:

Uninspired choice. Green Day was part of the movement that veered away from GNR's path, not a band that was inspired by them.

I was hoping Chris & Rich Robinson would induct GNR and then fill in for Axl & Izzy on Mr B, Nightrain, RQ...with an encore of SC and PC...that was my daydream!!! Or at least have Jerry Cantrell induct them, he'd of been a fitting choice.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Don't be so positive.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Woah.. This shit gets worse every time I log in. Green Day? Jesus H. Christ.

Board footer