You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

polluxlm wrote:
Bono wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Axl claim that to be a demo version?  lyrically I agree with what you said however this version suffers from terrible, terrible, terrible production. Plus I think the dual guitar solo parts from 2:49- 2:57 absolutely suck. It's like a major attempt as pussification. It's just so out of place in my opinion. Would love to hear if he has another version of it hidden away somewhere.

I remember walking about 4 miles each way the day this came out to go buy the End of Days soundtrack. I was so damn excited to hear this and to be honest my reaction was luke warm. I didn't even really want my friends to hear it cause I ahd built it up so much and I KNEW what their reaction would be. I think the chorus is pretty awesome the rest though is just ok for me. Like I said though I agree with the lyrics being pretty darn good.

He does, and in this case it might be accurate. Not big on the solo thing either, something that could be worked on. But lyrics, vocals, the riff and just the sound of it was very cool and promising. Took a few years too let it sink in though, so no surprise it tanked.

Something like this could fare a lot better these days though I think. For once the expectations to a new GN'R album are almost non existent.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Probably because it sucks.

You suck!!:flame: wink

I love IRS. Is it the greatest? No, but it's cool, it's hard, and they play the hell out of it live.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah it's a mixed bag when it comes to that song. I don't normally play it alot. The songs on Chinese I play the most would have to be Better, Shackler's, SOD, Chinese, Madagascar, If The World, and Prostitute.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Probably because it sucks.

You suck!!:flame: wink

I love IRS. Is it the greatest? No, but it's cool, it's hard, and they play the hell out of it live.

IRS is my favorite rocker on Chinese...huge scream, solo, swagger, crooning...I like it.:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And they also were Right Next Door To Hell. Was never nuts about this song, but that bass from "Duff Rose" and the pure aggression in this video. GD prime example of what I loved about that 1991 band.

I'm actually watching that whole Noblesville, Indiana concert right now. Great fucking show.

was at both of those shows...huge energy. 219

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i love irs

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know Russ...my show was awesome, but for someone that's a fan of the new band, you got to experience some awesome shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the problem of IRS is the beginning. The guitars at the start are sort of awkward...and the drum sample mixed with it gives you the impression it's going to be a weak song when it's really not.

If you're in the mood and persist with it, it's cool, the scream, the attitude etc..it goes well...I think the problem is it starts sort of slow....

That and as with a lot of CD, it's got that hollow sounding quiet old school mix  and mastering technique,  that if it follows a new album on your playlist makes you think you've cut to a 1985 home tape deck recording wink

Song wise it's good...but it's like somehow in the recording they've neutered it of it's power...which is odd...cos Axl sounds great by the end and there's some cool guitar...it's just all so 2D in the soundscape...which is why live it kicks ass...cos those guitars kick in and blow your head off then Axl yells over it...but on the CD...I dunno it's all so simulated....but fundamentally it's a good song.

Board footer