You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I am SO HAPPY for you brother.  You sacked up and did what Izzy and Axl could not.  You were there for your favorite band, just like Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt, and Steven were their for there favorite band.

As I cited above in an earlier post, guy like Gilby and Myles do what they did cause they love the people they are doing it for and appreciate the fans and all they do for them.  Gilby got no recognition for "filling in", but in my book, he is no longer just an "additional musician", he is "Gilby Clarke from Guns N' Fuckin Roses", a brother till the end for his boys when they needed him most.  And Myles, you humble bastard you, I love you man, for filling in and singing for you fucking ass off.  This wasn't your moment, had nothing to do with you, you sang true to the original hitting just about every fucking note giving it your all.. All because your friend asked you and needed you.  Not for fame, not for glory, not for money, for your friends. 

Axl and Izzy, they could learn a lil bit from Gilby and Myles.. 

Thanks guys.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

And now the videos are getting removed... Violation of Uzi Suicide Records.... sad  Gibbo, I hope you have copies...

Sky Dog wrote:

I imagine you will get the real deal soon enough from HBO....unless HBO isn't allowed to use them. It's possible.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
russtcb wrote:

[youtube]6O0_EPg18V4&feature=plcp&context=C4697474VDvjVQa1PpcFMaWwF9y63nHl_I3zO1r5M3_E08msrt9R0%3D[/youtube]

Around the 10:30 mark is awesome. Who knew the dude from Green Day had that in him.

I thought it was great speech.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I will LMAO if Axl shuts this thing down from being shown on HBO. Would be a typical GN'R trainwreck.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

As great as they sounded. Axl SHOULD shut it down

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Any geek could shut this down.

Which means the Axl man gravy guzzlers over at HTGTH will be all over this.

If Uzi Suicidal shuts down Myles, Slash, Gilby, Duff & Steven/Matt

Then UZI SUICIDE needs to shut down every video of Axl, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris.

HAH! Two can play that game. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

[youtube]6O0_EPg18V4&feature=plcp&context=C4697474VDvjVQa1PpcFMaWwF9y63nHl_I3zO1r5M3_E08msrt9R0%3D[/youtube]

I thought it was very classy, and really won me over with Green Day, when I was never much of a fan.

Axl didn't seem to nearly get as booed as I thought in my head, but based on Faldor's experience and my analogy, the WWE thing seemed dead on.

Axl's just a notorious heel, but still incredibly loved. 70% boos, and 30% cheers. Seems pretty accurate.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And now the videos are getting removed... Violation of Uzi Suicide Records.... sad  Gibbo, I hope you have copies...

Roger

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I thought it was very classy, and really won me over with Green Day, when I was never much of a fan.

Axl didn't seem to nearly get as booed as I thought in my head, but based on Faldor's experience and my analogy, the WWE thing seemed dead on.

Axl's just a notorious heel, but still incredibly loved. 70% boos, and 30% cheers. Seems pretty accurate.

70/30 sounds about right.  Every time his name was mentioned he was booed.  You could certainly hear cheers as well, but they were outnumbered.  Jann Wenner (I think) announced he "couldn't make it" along with Rod Stewart and Adam Yauch at the beginning of the show and there were boos.  Chris Rock told an Axl joke, and he was booed (Axl, not Chris).  The audience didn't miss a beat.  One guy in my section was wearing a t-shirt with Axl Rose's name crossed out.  I thought that was creative.

Board footer