You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Buckethead replaced him. He could also function in the role of Izzy. Biggest mistake Axl ever made was not being able to keep him around.

Whether Bumble can do that justice remains to be seen, but I doubt his songwriting ability is any place near that of either BH or Izzy. DJ is meh, I'd be surprised seeing him reach the heights of Finck.

I think we're likely to see a follow up composed mainly of the stuff made by the 2000 band. What worries me is if Axl doesn't feel the new guys are up to it we could be in for another long haul.

Bucket replaced Slash playing-wise, but not image-wise.

Slash is still really the whole package. Playing + image + stage prescence.

You can't sell Buckethead to a mainstream audience. You can Slash.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

fact is Axlin the Defenders of the Rose just can't get it through their thick skulls that those of us who think Axl's a douche think so because he's doing fuck all with everything. No new album, no reunion, no respect shown to the fans, still with same old poor poor pitiful me routine, still blaming the world. Yet his disciples will continue to find grace in all that he does. ALL THAT HE DOES. It's a joke and to be honest I'm more disguted with some of the fan's sheep like mentality than I am with Axl.

And for those who continueally defend this guy ask yourself this. Why did Axl Rose get booed at his own induction ceremony? Why do fans continueally rip into this guy? Why do fans think he's such a douche? Ya ever think it's because he just might be? No it's beacuse all his fanboys thik it's only hardcore reunionists. Anyone booing Axl could not possibly be a fan of the new band. No not at all.  Or maybe it's because the guy is a  fucking dick and he's wasted his career post Illusions and everyone from the fans to members of the band and Axl himself have  lost out. Yet some of you either lack the ability to comprehend this or you simply refuse to because Axl's your boy and everyone else who acts otherwise isn't even a fan. Fan to some of you = constant glorification.

Oh and for those pointing to Rolling Stone and Howard Stern and Trunk as examples of people being supportive of Axl.... well no  shit  they want an interview and to openly dis the guy means never getting an interview. Not rocket science.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Buckethead replaced him. He could also function in the role of Izzy. Biggest mistake Axl ever made was not being able to keep him around.

Whether Bumble can do that justice remains to be seen, but I doubt his songwriting ability is any place near that of either BH or Izzy. DJ is meh, I'd be surprised seeing him reach the heights of Finck.

I think we're likely to see a follow up composed mainly of the stuff made by the 2000 band. What worries me is if Axl doesn't feel the new guys are up to it we could be in for another long haul.

Bucket replaced Slash playing-wise, but not image-wise.

Slash is still really the whole package. Playing + image + stage prescence.

You can't sell Buckethead to a mainstream audience. You can Slash.

Musically BH never replaced Slash in Guns N' Roses. Maybe to a pocket full of niche fans within the hardcore fanbase but to the world he didn't create anything the defines Guns N' Roses. Especially when it's debateable that he didn't even create the best solos on CD. In fact in my opinion Robin has the two best solos on CD and there are others who agree with that so to suggest a  guy who i the ears of many doesn't even have the best solos on CD replaced Slash just isn't the case. And you could use the same anology for Robin. BH did not replace Slash in playing.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I think BH could be marketed if Axl had managed to fulfill the right criteria; band photos, interviews, making ofs, documentaries, albums in ex. 02, 06, 09. It would be very different, but in the end I think it would work simply because he would lend credence to a true rebirth of the band.

Wouldn't be the same appeal obviously, but the guy has charisma if you play it right. It's not as if teenboppers are the target demographic.

But all that doesn't matter to me anyway. Musically, if you like and accept his style, had the potential to be on the same level as old gnr quality wise.

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I think BH could be marketed if Axl had managed to fulfill the right criteria; band photos, interviews, making ofs, documentaries, albums in ex. 02, 06, 09. It would be very different, but in the end I think it would work simply because he would lend credence to a true rebirth of the band.

Wouldn't be the same appeal obviously, but the guy has charisma if you play it right. It's not as if teenboppers are the target demographic.

But all that doesn't matter to me anyway. Musically, if you like and accept his style, had the potential to be on the same level as old gnr quality wise.

This I agree with but it's a lot of "IF's" In a very real way BH did replace Slash in terms of image. Visually right off the bat it signified a new era. Unlike DJ which harkens back to the old days.

yes BH had potential yet that doesn't equate to replacing a guy like Slash. And really what on CD justifies replacing Slash?  the TWAT solo was worth getting rid of the guy who did AFD, LIES, and the Illusions? I'm thinking not so much. Had they done 3-4 albums with BH maybe but that never happend so.......

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Would it be correct to say that all the members of the original band had both male and female appeal? That seems pretty rare and could go along way in explaining the explosive success once they had the material to ride on. The female market is huge cause it works both directly and indirectly.

Slash and Duff could probably still pull that off. Axl I can't say.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Great, another person that thinks he gets to decide what a "fan" of GnR is.  Welcome #3,847,591,956...I hope you enjoy your stay!

No they're not new.

It's just paxcow has returned. That's all. Diehard Axl fanatic.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:

fact is Axlin the Defenders of the Rose just can't get it through their thick skulls that those of us who think Axl's a douche think so because he's doing fuck all with everything. No new album, no reunion, no respect shown to the fans, still with same old poor poor pitiful me routine, still blaming the world. Yet his disciples will continue to find grace in all that he does. ALL THAT HE DOES. It's a joke and to be honest I'm more disguted with some of the fan's sheep like mentality than I am with Axl.

And for those who continueally defend this guy ask yourself this. Why did Axl Rose get booed at his own induction ceremony? Why do fans continueally rip into this guy? Why do fans think he's such a douche? Ya ever think it's because he just might be? No it's beacuse all his fanboys thik it's only hardcore reunionists. Anyone booing Axl could not possibly be a fan of the new band. No not at all.  Or maybe it's because the guy is a  fucking dick and he's wasted his career post Illusions and everyone from the fans to members of the band and Axl himself have  lost out. Yet some of you either lack the ability to comprehend this or you simply refuse to because Axl's your boy and everyone else who acts otherwise isn't even a fan. Fan to some of you = constant glorification.

Oh and for those pointing to Rolling Stone and Howard Stern and Trunk as examples of people being supportive of Axl.... well no  shit  they want an interview and to openly dis the guy means never getting an interview. Not rocket science.

I thought i was the only one who thought this 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I thought i was the only one who thought this 22

well then, why do you guys still bother w/this set-up? why do you's still get p.o.'d w/axl's fans? why can't you just say, "ok they believe that, i'm not gonna get pissed about it anymore"?
why do yous let this get yous so angry?
IMO the fans shouldn't be infighting like this....

Board footer