You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

-D- wrote:

what if its the exact same show/setlist?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

It would be a bit of a bummer, but better than the alternative.  Them not touring, not releasing music, not doing interviews.  In other words, another silent period.  It's always more exciting when your favorite band is active and touring, regardless if you'll be seeing them or not.  It took them nearly 3 years to hit the US.  I didn't spend those 3 years disinterested in the band because I wasn't going to see them.  Sure things could always be better, but they could also be a lot worse.  It all depends on how you choose to look at the situation.  Not saying, one way is better or more "right" than the other.  That's just the way it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just don't get it. Why can't I be ok with a band I'm a fan of going on tour in Europe?

Because they've already toured Europe with this same act in 2010, and it had average to above average interest.

There's no diehard public demand for a two-peat, and being the entire world has seen THIS SHOW, it's time for a NEW SHOW or a NEW ALBUM.

That's what artists/bands do. The only time repeat shows are okay is when it's in such popular demand (think UYI-era) that you have to go back and do it again, and/or you're so damn old (Stones) that people are hardcore into the nostalgia of it all.

This GN'R is neither.

Every part of the world got their tour, some parts of the world got it twice. The U.S. and Mexico finally got theirs as well.

So yeah based on those reasons, a guy in Michigan, U.S.A. has literally no investment, interest, or motivation for the fact that Europe "as far as we know" getting the exact same show again in 2010, unless you Russ are planning on catching a plane and going on a summer European tour.

THEN you would have a reason and a motivation as a fan. Just like Bono did with that U.S. European summer jaunt with U2 last year or the year before.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

It would be a bit of a bummer, but better than the alternative.  Them not touring, not releasing music, not doing interviews.  In other words, another silent period.  It's always more exciting when your favorite band is active and touring, regardless if you'll be seeing them or not.  It took them nearly 3 years to hit the US.  I didn't spend those 3 years disinterested in the band because I wasn't going to see them.  Sure things could always be better, but they could also be a lot worse.  It all depends on how you choose to look at the situation.  Not saying, one way is better or more "right" than the other.  That's just the way it is.

I really don't see the difference, AT ALL.

Playing the same show over and over and over, IS being inactive.

Maybe i'm being "too Izzy" about it. hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I really don't see the difference, AT ALL.

Playing the same show over and over and over, IS being inactive.

Maybe i'm being "too Izzy" about it. hmm

Like I said, it's all in perception.  If that's the way you want to look at it, that's completely viable.  I, and others, choose to look at it differently.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
gibbo wrote:

[youtube]WB8YPBt88x4&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

That guitar solo and how into it he is gives me chills...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I see the whole show will be airing on May 5th
http://www.msopr.com/press-releases/sla … ut-may-22/

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I respect your position and admire your good internal chemistry when it comes to GNR.

Its just not enough for me anymore. Happy to lurk, contribute, support, bore and antagonize the EVO crew in equal measure until we do have something to discuss but I'm feeling that Europe will wind up and the lights will go out for quite a while.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer