You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Intercourse wrote:

Idle thought - has anyone thought of taking Axl's monitor mix audio from Download or Osaka and dialling up his vocals as far as possible, then dialling down Myles' vocals on the HOF gig as far as possible and layering Axl into the mix?

Would only work if both drummers are spot on tempo wise.

Yeah, it'd be a challenge, no doubt – but it might be worth fiddling about with the tracks to see what could come of it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'd love to hear it!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It might work on Brownstone, because Brain & Matt's styles are similar, but I don't see the Steven songs working.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:
gibbo wrote:

who were the two fat black guys taking over??

that made me uncomfortable for some reason. LOL

george clinton is the screaming dude...singing partway through

sounded pretty good imo

Miles is passable singing these songs...tis still unfortunate that Izzy and Axl pussed out

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I still believe that one day they will reunite.

This will sound horrible.

But like I don't think it will happen just because we'll run out of time.

Slash had a pacemaker put in at 30. He's died before. He was told in 200x he had 6 weeks to live. He's got off junk now...but how much damage has that done.

Adler's had a stroke.

Duff has no pancreas or whatever.

yes they are clean now...

It's a miracle these guys are alive, but I think as they get older, and to the ages where regular people start to get health problems anyway, surely the milage of the rock life will take it's toll.

I mean my dad died at 57 FFS and he wasn't a drunk for 2 decades.

I pray I'm wrong. Don't mean to be disrespectful. I'd love all of these guys to live happy and fulfilling lives to extreme old age - as they've given me so much with their music - but I dunno - it's true I tend to get neurotic about illness and stuff....but it just seems to me like I can't see limitless time for this kind of thing to happen.

Even if not death...how many more years does Axl's voice have guts for? How long till Slash's fingers turn old manish and he looses speed....how long till matt can't hit the drums hard....

love these guys...but until they find a cure for ageing...we're on the fucking clock here..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with monkey that there's a time element involved. But then again, this was the same band that alot of people would consider "lucky" if they even finished production on their first album before OD'ing.

Axl I don't think vocally has to worry too much outside of touring. I think Axl can still be Axl in the studio, as long as he has his breaks, multiple takes, that kinda thing. It's just a question of whether he wants to be there or not.

I honestly think Axl, Slash & Duff have years left in them, although I do believe Slash & Duff will die before Axl, unless Axl takes matters into his own hands, god forbid. Izzy's actually the one I wonder about, because frankly... we don't know that much about him. He's become the Buckethead of the old band. Very weird life, you never really know if he's on or off the junk, because you just don't hear from him -- AT ALL.

I'm still stunned Steven is alive. Even clean, every year I would have him "the death pool". It's just smart.

Honestly, I think we've all known for awhile that any GN'R reunion situation was always gonna be "Eagles"-like. Late in the game, when they were all way past their prime.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash just looks and sounds like a total fucking badass in those clips!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So...now that it's been a while and I've seen the clips confirming what I thought I saw...

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive to it, but it seems like Slash pretty much kept to himself on stage when he's playing like he does with his solo act.  There wasn't much interaction between him and anybody else.

Board footer