You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ninic
 Rep: -4 

Re: So Back to normal or whatever?

ninic wrote:

So after "some" of us when we kind of get over the "I hate you Axl, you think everything is everyone's fault, you suck, I have no respect for you, you're a little bitch, a fool, a boy," and tons of  other stuff

well now what, wait for the tour or whatever, new music?  Well given that he's challenged pretty much now to release new stuff  cause he definitely has to prove a point now, at this point

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
ninic wrote:

cause he definitely has to prove a point now, at this point

don't mean to cause offense, but this is some bs.

he has "had to prove" a point or 1000 before this latest debacle.

it is not "back to" anything (& certainly nothing near normal!)
things remain as they've always been - on axl time.

the rnrhof was just another blip. it wasn't a seismic shift in the make-up of GnR.
the net result of it is simply: anyone left daft or deluded enough to care or have thoughts of an AFD/UYI reunion should have finally be disabused of those wishes. it's only a few more people have joined the rest of us in reality.

it is closer to 'whatever'. what you're left w/is the same situation we've faced for over a decade: you place your fandom @ the feet of axl's truculent whimsy & wait/hope as best you can - or you say "fuck it/catch you later" - or you can be an asshole about it & post on the internet how axl ruined everything.
me? i like to do all 3.

but yea. this rnrhof shit hasn't altered the picture one bit for me. maybe it's clarified it somewhat for others. like walter sobchak some nutjobs have taken this as the excuse to "draw a line in the sand", but to me they just haven't been following the script from the past 20yrs.....
the more things change the more they stay the same w/axl.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

My guess is S.O.S

Same Ole Shit

Hopefully Axl will be in the great shape he appeared to be with Lana Del Ray outside that club or whatever it was.

If HE really wants to do shit right. break out a new song or two.

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They're popular enough around the world to do Europe again this summer so I don't have any issue with that either. As long as Guns N' Roses is doing something, I'm good. Would I like new music? OF COURSE! I'd love a new album from Guns N' Roses every week if possible. But if they're not releasing one any time soon, I'm good with that as long as they're doing something, which they are.

i do know where you're coming from on this.
i rem the darkness & do still feel that "it's good he's actually able to get out & do something, anything @ all"

BUT having said that, for me it's not good enough any longer. i know it sounds pretentious bs but how much artistic credibility does axl have left?
i certainly struggle to conjure any respect for his artistry these days. he doesn't seem capable of pushing himself, creating & performing to the standards i expect of him.
& for those reasons, i'm unable to justify spending more money on his band (money i don't actually have, btw, but when's that ever stopped me before?). i can't in good conscience plop down 70quid on the same tour i've seen since 2002. i actually find it egregious & insulting the manner he is conducting his touring.
i think he's betraying a lot of what made GnR unique.

& he is stifling the progression. he is. you can play the shadow boxing w/the record label or trade lawsuits w/azoff & slash, but there is no reason why that has to stifle his creativity. this blame game he plays masks the real reasons for his lack of output & freshness. i can't respect that.
i can't value that or the way he's conducting himself & GnR.
the behaviour exhibited just these past two yrs, or even this last yr w/the meet & greets & the subscription to the website, has led me to become disillusioned w/his leadership.

i know that's all emo & crying over spilled milk. but i once thought Axl had this way of transcending even his own bullshit. but w/o new direction, or any direction, to me he's simply floundering in his own shit creek.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think everyone knows where I stand...

But if there's no new music, even a new song debuted on tour, I'm going to be very disappointed.

After dropping th ball so much, he still has so much potential right now. I don't want to go through another dark period. At least we had the leaks, giving us something new before. Now... We need something...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
ninic wrote:

So after "some" of us when we kind of get over the "I hate you Axl, you think everything is everyone's fault, you suck, I have no respect for you, you're a little bitch, a fool, a boy," and tons of  other stuff

well now what, wait for the tour or whatever, new music?  Well given that he's challenged pretty much now to release new stuff  cause he definitely has to prove a point now, at this point

For me, I like Chinese Democracy so I was excited to see them tour several times after it was finally released. I got to hear a bunch of tracks live that I didn't before hand. Plus the UCaP Tour developed and I got to see that a few times so I was happy with that.

They're popular enough around the world to do Europe again this summer so I don't have any issue with that either. As long as Guns N' Roses is doing something, I'm good. Would I like new music? OF COURSE! I'd love a new album from Guns N' Roses every week if possible. But if they're not releasing one any time soon, I'm good with that as long as they're doing something, which they are.

Same here. Anything is better than Axl going back into hiding again. I'm sure they will get around to doing new music soon. I know Axl and the rest of the boys don't want to keep this stuff buried forever. I've personally loved what they are doing with the tours. They are playing the songs I want to hear. I know Ron and DJ want to get the guys to bust out new tracks and some older stuff that hasn't been played before in a long time.

I just don't care about Axl's band anymore, I still listen to the old GN'R music but I'm done with Axl's bullshit band that he calls GN'R and that's all I'm going to say about that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have a selfish and pessimistic reason for wanting recorded music, and that's since random deaths in my family a few years back I can't help but stare into the mortality of us all.

To me it's not even about what Axl should do, what I expect him to do, what others do or anything like that really.

I look at it like this. A show touches the hearts of the 20k or whatever that go. The recorded version touches the lives of people for generations.

Sometimes i'm moved by songs from artists that died before I was born.

So I wish the priority would be recording the untapped songs in Axl's head...as they'll last forever and change people's lives...shows are fun...but not of as extreme artistic importance in the long term.

Board footer