You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: GN’R screenplay in the works

Mikkamakka wrote:

GN’R screenplay in the works

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/17/dr … screenplay

Former Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum is working on a screenplay about the band.

The rocker, who was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame alongside former G N' R bandmates Slash and Duff McKagan at the weekend, has revealed he thinks there has never been a better time to revisit the band's heyday for a movie.

He tells VH1, "I've talked about doing a screenplay and that's actually something that I'm in talks about with a couple of pretty big people. The only problem with that is figuring out how to work out the music situation.

"If you look at rock and roll movies, they've never been done right. The only ones that I actually thought were decent were The Doors movie, (which) I thought was decent and I liked the Johnny Cash film (Walk The Line). If you look at any of those other kind of traditional rock flicks, like Mark Wahlberg and Rock Star and all those, they're all kind of dumb.

"If there was a film about Guns N' Roses, the thing about Guns N' Roses that was different than all the butt rock bands in Hollywood was that it was down and dirty and punk rock and real. As much as anyone wants to say they want to try to lump it in with hair metal, it never was because it was a different kind of energy.

"There was a much sort of more street, dark undercurrent happening that could be great on film."

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Oh please God no.  He wasn't even there for the most interesting parts...

Sky Dog wrote:

Popcorn will fill him in....:laugh:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is getting stupid... GNR Letters Starts Now!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe it would work if it was like The Runaways movie.

But no, this isn't going to happen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

WTF is Matt talking about? I liked rockstar with Mark Whalberg. Thought it was great. Watched it last Friday again. As for the Runaways I thought it was garbage

I'd love to see a Gn'R film ala Walk the Line or from an outsiders perspective ala Almost Famous

Is Matt Sorum the guy to write it though..... Ummmm...... 10

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is getting stupid... GNR Letters Starts Now!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

No....just No!!!! 10 Matt please come to your senses man! 4  It wouldn't work at all. I personally liked The Runaways. Of course it had alot of flaws and missteps.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, I swore that that this was Steven. My bad. 16

Board footer