You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

smoke wrote:

GNR-apalooza. You could literally fill an entire day with lineup and band permutuations. It would kill them all though. So my vote is for them to kick it off in Boston.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Unless you've been involved in a lawsuit, you have ZERO idea how angry, bitter, paranoid and distrusting you become. If you have, imagine that by a million with the legal stuff Axl has been though. I think that's had a huge impact on him.

Zakk Wylde talked about a period where that's all Axl could talk about, that it took over his life and why he couldn't write lyrics because all his songs would be about lawyers.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The Talk of a Randy Rhoads character for Axl is interesting.

While many people still love Black Sabbath, to people I know Ozzy's solo career is almost now what defines him, from Randy's amazing playing then on with Zakk.

For my taste I don't think Robin was that guy....but it's an interesting idea - that Axl could find a writing partner so strong that it characterised a new era.

smoke

smoke wrote:

I firmly believe Robin could've been that guy. He meshed well with Axl's edgy side, and allowed him to express the extremes of his emotions in a new way. One that let Axl move on from the sleaze that was Appetite and the bombast that was UYI into electronica and sampling and controlled chaos and heavy layering. If he hadn't left the first time, I think things may have turned out very differently.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think so.....Bucket was Axl's Randy Rhoads...that is pretty obvious. Robin is tasty and quirky, but Bucket had huge skills and was even more eclectic than Robin. bucket

smoke

smoke wrote:

I agree with you, but I still don't have a real good feeling for how well Bucket could collaborate in the long run. He's too out there. He does fine with other "out there's", and his music is mind blowing, but I can't help but think that Robin could have been a better all around collaborator.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The Talk of a Randy Rhoads character for Axl is interesting.

While many people still love Black Sabbath, to people I know Ozzy's solo career is almost now what defines him, from Randy's amazing playing then on with Zakk.

For my taste I don't think Robin was that guy....but it's an interesting idea - that Axl could find a writing partner so strong that it characterised a new era.

Perhaps that's who Ashba is to him, nowadays?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

The argument could be made that roads was better than Tony Iommi.

The argument could be made that he destroys him.

The same cant be said for finck over Slash.

Finck is great in his own right but he does not really do anything better than slash within the rock n roll spectrum.

Buckethead does some things better than slash but not everything.

The verdict is still out on ashba. im waiting to see what he can do in the studio.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sixx am, nothing amazing guitar wise there.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

im more curious as far as songwriting goes
his guitar playing is somewhat modern

Board footer