You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Fuck it.. they are all spineless which is why Axl developed the way he did cause none had the balls to tell him NO

Now D officially hates everyone from the original line up... Except maybe Steven. You're down to some slim pickins now, boy. 16

Shit, at this point, my fave member is Teddy Zig Zag

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Fuck it.. they are all spineless which is why Axl developed the way he did cause none had the balls to tell him NO

Now D officially hates everyone from the original line up... Except maybe Steven. You're down to some slim pickins now, boy. 16

Bah- the only sensible one was Ole.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
smoke wrote:
-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah but Rob had cooler hair.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Touche. smile

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
-D- wrote:
smoke wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yeah but Rob had cooler hair.

Not as cool as Tracey's.
She has the best work post GN'R.
http://www.traceyamos.com/
(NOT):haha:

otto

otto wrote:

I'm sorry, Roberta had the best hair!
45048_422202051757_599816757_5276865_4172535_n.jpg.jpeg

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

[youtube]BWzhC-UQOXg&feature=fvst[/youtube]

They are clips from the unreleased Mr. Brownstone video and the director's cut from You COuld Be Mine.

That's awesome!!!!

Never saw it before. Really wish the YCBM vid would have been more like that, the directors cut and some of the ISE clips (especillay of Erin Everly) to made one bad ass video.

Axl needs to get off the booze and back on the coke...

otto

otto wrote:

And this is the You COuld Be Mine Director's Cut

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

One thing this interview confirms for me is that "Sorry" is largely aimed at Slash. Axl belittled people in the chats for assuming it was about him and suggested it was a combination of people/things. That may be to an extent but I don't believe for a second that most of it isn't aimed at him. 'You know where to put your/Just shut up and sing' relates to Slash/Duff specifically saying that to him. In fact, every fucking line can be shown to relate to his feelings towards him.

agreed. it's so obvious that i think they should have released it as their first single.

like it or not , sorry has more attitude than any other song on the album

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Thought I would add this info, Marc Canter was responding to a few questions at gunsnfnroses in a thread discussing his Legendary Rock Interviews article.  Here is what he said:

The white lies are as simple as Slash once saying that he didn't like to play Sweet Child because it's not heavy enough. Joe Perry used to say that he didn't like to play Dream On for the same reason. It's monkey see monkey do. trying to act like it's not cool to play the song. Meanwhile he plays it now with his own band. Not that this has anything to do with what Axl is upset about., but it's just to give you an example of something Slash once said that he only said because he thought it would make him look cool. He did lie about going to Axl's house to try to make peace because it backfired on him when Axl or Beta went to the press with it. He lied because he didn't want to get in trouble with the VR guys over it. Thats more of an example of being backed in a corner. I think one of the biggest thing that Axl is upset over could be Slash quitting the band and leaving Axl high and dry. Axl had to start from scratch. Also those comments about Robin was when Axl first starting working with Robin and saw something in him that gave Axl a breath of fresh air. Maybe it was a few riffs that he heard and felt that they would make great songs. Like "Better"

They were both playing the dictator to some degree . Slash was not willing to change the songs that he wanted to do and Axl was trying to make Slash work with Paul and Slash was not at all happy with The stone's song that axl had paul do some work over what Slash had already done. There were a lot of things wrong between them at that time. It had to come to an end at that point. They needed a break from each other.

Everyone lies in some way or another. It's not a big deal. What I was trying to say is Axl thinks Slash has lied about almost everything he has said and what I'm saying is there are 2 sides to a story and that doesn't mean that one of them has lied. If they were to get a chance to talk it out, Axl might see how some of the things that has said or done make sense to why Slash did or said the things at the time he said them that have made Axl so upset. I'm sure some of the things that Slash has said were pokes at Axl, but Slash also has a few things that he believes Axl has done that made him upset too. As time went by, Slash doesn't care about what ever it was that he was upset about and has been ready to move on for a while now. The things that happened between them is for them to ether work out or not. It's up to them no one else. I think Axl would be much better off talking this out with someone that does this for a living. I hate to see Axl living with this shit on his back, holding all this anger. It's not very healthy and it will at some point take over his life. even if they never work it out, if Axl were to talk it out, he would be able to move on and live a much better life.

Marc was asked:

Marc, do you know why it is seemingly so hard for Axl to release new music? That was an amazing interview you did too.

His response:

It's hard for anyone to get anything done when they are holding on to something that is keeping them busy with hate, It takes every bit of strength just to get by.

They have music left over from the last record and they are all good musicians. Axl can make something great form almost anything, but like I said I think Axl would get so much more done if he found someone to talk with that could help him understand why some of the things turned out the way they did and help him let go of the anger. He blames Slash for stealing 15 years from his life. With the right help he could have been over it years ago. I used to talk to him about some of it, but I'm not an expert, so I could only hear what he was saying, but didn't know how to advice him. When I found out 10 years ago that I was OCD, When I talked to someone about it and read a book on it, I told Axl about it and told him I thought he was also , but he disagreed. I think he is very Obsessive in his anger with the people he is upset with and with some of the things he does in his life. The problem is most people that have it, don't know it and don't believe they have it. However once they see they have it, is a big step in the healing and understanding on how it takes over your life. Part of your brain get a message from from another part and like a dummy we obey it and do what its commands us to do. Once you realize that it is a bullshit message you no longer have to obey it. The only problem is your brain will still send you the message anyway, you just have to know not to listen to it. This is something that can be controlled with out medication although they do have them to help. Also As you get older it gets worse and harder to fix.

I can't speak for Axl on why he hasn't put out that much new music. I can only take a guess. What I have to say is not for sure a fact, it's just my opinion. There can be many different reasons. The only thing thats a fact it it's not healthy to hold in that much anger.

Someone asked:

Marc -

To your knowledge, has anyone ever tried to get Slash to own up to these "wrongs" or lies (as Axl sees them)?

If Slash were to admit to these supposed lies, do you believe that any of them are so big that they would change the public's opinion of him - or are they the type of lies that would only mean something to Axl?

In your opinion, if Slash were to admit to these things - and offer a public apology - would it be enough for Axl to forgive him and possibly collaborate with him again?

Marc's response:

In 2001 that would have worked. Now I'm not so sure. In 2001 I told Slash what Axl said but Slash was like no fuckin way and that Axl was the one making the problems that were between them. Also Slash just said in an interview to Rolling Stone that he doesn't even know why Axl Hates his guts. Thats why i think if they had a good middle man (not Me but someone that does this for a living that has a good track record), it would help Slash find out the reasons why Axl hates him and Axl would get the answers to why Slash may have said or did the things that Axl is unhappy with. Some healing. With out that nothing will ever get done and then they will be 85 years old with unfinished business and a lot of wasted years behind them. Also with out help things will only get worse. Communication is the first step.

Marc was asked:

@Marc

when was the last time you spoke to Axl,
or really anyone from (nu) gnr camp?

His response:

I talk to Axl on the phone I think in 2009. He was upset at me for an interview that I did that he totally misunderstood something I said. I kept defending Axl and in doing so I was told in the interview that I was fucking over Slash by defending Axl, so I made a comment about that Slash had to eat some shit over some time but it was worth it for the music and Axl was upset that I didn't say all the times when he had to eat some shit like when Alan Niven booked at tour before the UYI records were done and Axl was not ready to do it. and a few other things. I find my self defending Axl all the time, but all it takes is one time that he thinks I said something wrong and Axl is upset about it. Axl is very sensitive as you all know and that is why Del told me years ago not to do any interviews because things can get twisted or even if you say anything at all, it could come back to bite you. My book means a lot to me and I will always do interviews till the day I die. I know what it means to be a fan and how important it is to get this stuff out to them. Also I'm very proud of what I was a part of and I love sharing it with the world. Its makes me feel good making so many people happy. I really thought Axl would understand my need to get this stuff out and be happy for me that I finally got it out after 12 years of it not getting published. I hope someday he will be able to get over it. Also every time I do an interview there is a good chance that Axl will find something that he doesn't like about it and that bothers me but until he finds away to deal the problems he has with Slash, there is nothing I can do. It's not like I try to say things that will bother him, but if I'm not careful, I could say something that will hurt him and that not my intention. I love Axl but I have to get my work out to the fans. The fact is my work is his old life and he just wants to bury that chapter of it. So it's a bit complicated between us right now. I know he loves me and that why he is disappointed that I would put out something that also has Slash and other people that he doesn't like anymore. Somehow he thinks that I have betrayed him. Of corse I knew he doesn't like those people but they are part of the story and there would be no way to tell it otherwise. The funny thing is when he did see the first draft of the book back in 1994, Steven and Izzy were no longer in the band and Steven was not at all on good terms with the band and they were still mad at Izzy for demanding that they wire him lots of money before he would fill in for the shows that Gilby couldn't make. So Axl didn't have a problem with Steven and Izzy being on every page of the book because he knew it was part of the story that I was telling. So I didn't think it would be a problem now that Slash and Duff were also now out of the band.

Also I texted with Beta in December about getting some tickets to the Forum gig and I bumped into Del last year at the Sunset music fest while I was selling books outside the Whisky.

The interview was very long. I didn't ' think he would use all of it. It must have taken forever for John to write it. He must also have some OCD to used the whole thing. It sounds like something that I would try to do. All interviews that I have done or read that Axl or Slash has done always have a few things that somehow are not exactly what there words were. I use to see it in Circus or Hit Parader every time. They can be so minor that it may not matter but it's probably the reason Axl doesn't do magazine interviews that often. If you remember he did one with Del. It was probably the only way Axl would know for sure that he was not misquoted. John did a great job and love it. It's just that my OCD knows there were a few paraphrasing things that may have sounded better then I had said them( For one thing my grammar is not my strong point) I did have him fix some of the photo credits that he gave me that were Jack Lue's and something about the timing of the new record and Reckless Road that I'm sure John just misunderstood what I was saying. I may have not been clear on how I said some things and when he wrote it maybe it came out a bit different. Some were important facts and other didn't really matter. I didn't want to bother John to fix every one because I didn't want to be a nit picker after he worked so hard to get it out. Also by the time I read it it was allrady been copied on to other sites. So figured I would just mention it on this chat board that there were a few words that were not mine. Someone like Axl or Slash reading it would know that anyway but I know you guys always talk about this stuff so I thought I would make a note about it incase I was re-quoted by someone on the chat board.. Sorry for being so OCD about a great interview. John is a big fan and did a great job. I'm the crazy one who tries to have everything perfect. No one is really quoted word for word. If that was the case it would take out the fun and jobs of the writers.

Marc

When I say the record was done in 2001, what a mean is the songs were done and a lot of it was recorded. So maybe 2002. At first it was the record co thinking maybe Slash will do some work on it, but my best guess is Axl and the record co probably couldn't agree on how it was going to be promoted. Maybe how much was going to be spent to promote it. And maybe what the bands cut would be?Also after Doug left, I don't think there was any mgt. to help work that stuff out. Then Bucket and Paul were gone and Ron and Richard were in so they added something to the record. Then Merk was there and in Aug of 2006 I heard a whole bunch of finish songs that were played load and sounded record ready. That when Axl told me it should be out by Nov 2006. when Nov came I was told by Del March 2007. When March came I was told by Beta since Merk was now gone that there needed a manger to negotiate some things out with the record Co. Then they got a new manger in 2008 and I don't know for sure but I willing to bet it was the Dr. Pepper thing that help get the record out. I think Axl saw an opportunity to get the money he was looking for to promote the record in the way he thought it should be done. Dr Pepper could put a few million into to it and it wouldn't be that hard for them to do because that not them much for Dr. Pepper they are so big it's a drop in the bucket for them.

I don't know if Duff made any calls. He did say in some interviews that he wanted to do it. Slash does not even have any phone numbers to call. In fact right around the time years ago when Slash went to Axl house, he first ask me for Axl number and I told him I can't give you it. I think it would have been very difficult for Axl to be there anyways more then you can ever imagine. I think he wanted to go but it would have been a big mess. A lot of things need to be worked out before Axl can be in the sane room with Slash.

I don't even know what songs I heard back in 2006. All I know is that there were a lot of them and they all sounded very good and they all had vocals which was the first time I had really heard them with vocals. The first time I hear something, I'm not very good about remembering what I just heard.

No Axl was the one who gave me permission to do it in the first place back in 1993. and it took me 15 months at 5 hours day and 18k to make the first draft. While he no longer supported what I was doing he didn't go back on his word.

Board footer