You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Richard Fortus interview

otto wrote:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/5 … roses.html

Nothing really new but this part got my eye:

You’ve been out a long time with GNR, haven’t you?

Yeah and I was out with Thin Lizzy last summer. Then I came back and did three months with them in Europe, came straight back and I’ve been out with Guns since then. We went straight in to rehearsals and recording and down to South America for six weeks and then started in the US and we’ve been gone the whole time. So I just got home.

So what else do you have going on for the rest of the year?

In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Same interview.

In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night.

But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to add that part! Just did right when you were replying! 16

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Updated the album thread with that.

Funny how they always seem to be going to the studio after the next tour leg 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's good to have dreams and goals.  I hope it happens, but I'm not expecting anything.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I wonder what the new album will be called. I'm putting a tenner down on it simply being called "Guns N' Roses." That's the sort of almighty "fuck you" that I could imagine Axl doing, just for shits and giggles. smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I wonder what the new album will be called. I'm putting a tenner down on it simply being called "Guns N' Roses." That's the sort of almighty "fuck you" that I could imagine Axl doing, just for shits and giggles. smile

He could do that; honestly I don't think it matters what he calls it or how good it is...the reaction is going to be similar to the reaction to Libertad.  Some people bought CD out of curiosity.  I don't think people are all that curious anymore.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

To a degree, I agree with you on that. Motley Crue has books and sideprojects going for it along with their own, new stuff with the original lineup and they have toured insane. Their last album, Saints of Los Angeles, went gold just like Chinese Democracy.

My point being, CD, a legendary album before its release, got the same treatment Axl's glam-rock peers had to work their asses off for. Only Axl didn't break a sweat in promoting his stuff.

For their next albums, I'd say both bands start at a low point in comparison. The Crue convinced respectable amounts of audiences that they have their vintage sound intact. Guns need to reinvent themselves as a single unit instead of a baggage claim for post-Slash guitar players.

You could almost say both bands (for different reasons) are in a peculiar situation: a sophomore slump after that comeback season. You're here. Cool. What's next? The most riveting outcome would be for Axl to let Ashba and Tommy write a ripping rock album, and truly, call it Guns N' Roses.

It's really the only way to upstage Chinese Democracy. big_smile

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/5 … roses.html

Nothing really new but this part got my eye:

You’ve been out a long time with GNR, haven’t you?

Yeah and I was out with Thin Lizzy last summer. Then I came back and did three months with them in Europe, came straight back and I’ve been out with Guns since then. We went straight in to rehearsals and recording and down to South America for six weeks and then started in the US and we’ve been gone the whole time. So I just got home.

In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

Anyone else notice that Richard said that they ALREADY have recorded some?

Ali

Board footer