You are not logged in. Please register or login.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

Two possibilities:

1.  It's from the remix album; many parts are clearly from Prostitute.  Vocals could be new, specifically for this project, or sampled from an unreleased song

2.  Someone has unreleased GnR material and used the multitracks to "remix" an unreleased song in some sort of attempt to get someone to trade for other unreleased material without actually "leaking" an unreleased song

Definitely one thing everyone agrees on, it's Axl singing

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It sounds professional, like a real remix, but there are some very talented fans out there that can make stuff sound good.

The Prostitute thing confuses me. If this is real why use music from another song? But I have to say, Trent Reznor does that shit, too.

And that does sound like Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Plus Prostitute is not a specific enough song to do some sort of 'role reversal' sequel to. Like similar, but an alternate lyrics, alternate tone, grunge kinda thing, whatever the fuck.

But if that is real. Damn, that's just AC/DC-similar. That's like literally taking the same beat, and retooling it into a new song.

Like when Alice Cooper's original "He's Back The Man Behind The Mask" demo he redid into the popularized one, then he took the entire demo, and laid over new lyrics and turned it into "Trick Bag", on the Constrictor album.

Axl might be doing that here.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Similar sounds to prostitute could just date the recording at a similar time, with similar recording devices used.

Beltrami said in 2002 that he worked on  "Thyme", "The General", "Leave Me Alone", and "Seven"...none of which were released.

Considering he's credited as providing an arrangement on Prostitute it's not implausible to me that other tracks on the album would have a similar texture.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Well whether the UMG guy is fake or not I think it's hilarious that this is supposed to be a band and even the "UMG guy" says -"get out there and show your support to Axl and Gn'R"-  As if this wasn't a band enough the real or fake UMG guy makes the distinction between Axl and Gn'R. Clearly suggesting it's Axl Rose and his merry men. Hilarious.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I kinda think its real, low quality and not close to finished but something inside is telling me its real.

I listened to this one : http://soundcloud.com/bruno-do-amaral/b … ewater-mod

And the "blood in the water" is clearly Axl at the start of the track. And its clearly said all in one breath and not copy and pasted together. It sounds like CD type material.

Sounds like a hip hop song, on that version you can hear there are a lot of different voices that aint Axl, wonder who they are?
The piano is from Prostitute and those heavy guitar stabs are as well, just slowed down.
I'm not convinced Axls singing isnt spliced together, "the oooh" and "I see" could be from the CD moggs and theres something weird about the words blood and water, they are kind of fuzzy and not pronounced clearly like its 2 sounds Axls made and peiced together, the additional vocals on top of someone else saying blood and water seems like a disguise to hide it.

I'm not convinced it isnt real either, sounds like too much effort has been put into it just to be from a forum nerd noising up other forum nerds 16
If it is real I doubt its a real GNR version of a song, sounds like a remix for a B-side, its more like something Lady Gaga would put out than Guns N' Roses.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Could someone PM me? many thanks smile

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's real, that's Axl without a doubt. Just sounds like backing vocals to a song if you ask me.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Could someone PM me? many thanks smile

Iv put the audio in the download section

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I'm not a fan of IRS but the final version sounds way better than this:

Disagree. This version of IRS has so much funk, texture and feeling. You can tell Axl really was trying to do something epic before giving up and going "better just make it normal rock and roll to get this new record out faster!"

Shit. This version is miles ahead of the final mix in everything but audio quality... because it's just some low quality leak. But a high quality version of this arrangement of the song would just be epic on a Pink Floyd level almost. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much, but yeah. Forgot how good this version of the song was.

Board footer