You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Officially Licensed Merchandising from 1997?

otto wrote:

Adding to the conspiracy theories:

My first tour program I made and first GN'R programe in past 15 years:) so happyyyyy:))
http://instagr.am/p/KvY0RJvkG4/
https://twitter.com/#!/KatBenzova/statu … 1913015296

15 years back, from today: 1997, the same year as the t-shirt I posted.

I'm more than convinced there was something in motion for 97/98 after this. A merch line and a tour program?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Could be a strong possibility!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wasn't that around the time he submitted the album to the label and they told him to go back and work on it some more? Or was that around 1999?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Otto- between this and noticing the TWAT videos, you're on a roll!:beer:

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
smoke wrote:

Otto- between this and noticing the TWAT videos, you're on a roll!:beer:

Thanks! smile

Just trying to make some sense... The period after Slash left and GN'R was Axl, Duff, Matt, Finck, Dizzy and Huge is so uncovered in GN'R history that it amuses me.

Then Matt was fired, Abbruzzeze, Vrenna and others came to the fold. Duff left, Tommy in. Freese in. Then we have the 99 line up, that delivered an album and got it refused.

This period, that is the most unstable period in GNR history, 96 ~ 99, is the one I'm more curious about once Axl releases his auto biography.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here! I've been trying to do some research on Tobias and what the hell went on during that period besides the usual stating of writing a few songs, Finck coming in, Matt getting pissed off, and then Axl making all these plans. Got nothing; but the same thing every time.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Adding to the conspiracy theories:

My first tour program I made and first GN'R programe in past 15 years:) so happyyyyy:))
http://instagr.am/p/KvY0RJvkG4/
https://twitter.com/#!/KatBenzova/statu … 1913015296

15 years back, from today: 1997, the same year as the t-shirt I posted.

I'm more than convinced there was something in motion for 97/98 after this. A merch line and a tour program?

There was a tour planned for '97, so that may be were the shirt design comes from.

"We're definitely getting geared up to do another record," says Sorum, who brings his all-star side band, Neurotic Outsiders, to the Warehouse on Sunday. "We're already starting to make tour plans. We've got a possible tour starting in South America in January and then we're going to stop and finish the record and probably tour next summer." (Matt, Toronto Sun, 09/04/96)

That artwork may or may not be an indication for the art direction regarding the lost '96 album. Go figure.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think there was a lost 96 album. From everything I've read there were only three incomplete songs that came out of the recordings, just a bunch of instrumentals and ideas that Axl didn't like. Real recording didn't start until 1997, I believe.

I think Matt is talking out of his ass there.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Zakk Wylde said, years back, that "The Rose Petalled Garden" off of the first Black Label record was born from his rehearsals with Guns...

Specifically, it was a song he was working on primarily with Duff...

So, those songs could have just been rough sketches that were used by everyone's post Guns projects...

Board footer