You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know I keep talking about AC/DC but I think it's a valid comparison.

Point #1: Most Ac/Dc Tours are almost the same tour. eg Setlist from "Stiff Upper Lip" Tour and the "Black Ice" tour is nearly identical. It's a classics tour with a spot for 2-3 newest album songs. They change out those songs and the classics remain.

Point #2: Black Ice was the exact same show every night. Played 160 times. With the exception of I think adding one song after a year, and dropping a song once or twice. It was the exact same show - including blocking and stage dialogue. Like going to see a film you've seen before. I saw it 3 times in melbourne and although you'd expect me to say the repetition sucked, it was actually one of the greatest weeks I've had anyway.

this has been touched on a couple of times but i'll say it again why i don't think it's a just or valid comparison:
1: AC/DC weren't on the Black Ice tour for 11yrs
2: GnR SHOULD be incomparable ( hate when people use Should when talking about bands, but as MrID has said they're just behaving like any other band instead of acting like a special case, which is what GnR were & SHOULD be)
3: i know the shows are good, i've seen them like 6 times now. but they can be Better, or new. repetition DOES ultimately suck because it stifles newness. it's not the same as going to a film you've already seen because there is literally 0% of anything different happening in the film, a live performance Should be a different atmosphere than a recreation.

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Then don't go. I mean, that's all I can say. If the setlist means THAT much to you, then don't see them. It's an easy fix.

i'm not going.

Problem solved.

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the 2002 shows sucked ass compared to the show now plus Axl looked like a jerk off.

he was braver then tho.

This strikes me as funny, seeing he did identical setlists night after night, he sailed through performances save a few songs, he showed up even later than he does now to start a show, and in his gym clothes, no less. And he didn't even finish the tour, that he didn't even want to do (and showed it almost every night) to begin with. But he was braver. Okay.

He only played new songs because he had to. Which was a feeble attempt to establish the new line up with its own identity.

The only thing that matters now is a new album. Not setlists. Not playing Double Talkin Jive. Not a better organization, management or new merch. Not a tour. Not a show. But an album. Period. End of story.

the problem isn't solved.

re: bold - well if that's the case then we'll never hear anything again.
and a feeble attempt is Better than no attempt at all which is whats happening right now.
it ALL matters. it's all representative of how wrong things have got.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Just read on Russian news portal story regarding Axl in Moscow.

After second show group visit one of the famous night clubs with cabaret to celebrate beginning of the tour. Axl have enjoyed party so much that start to dance on the table and unsuccessfully fall to the floor.  When falling he hurt leg and damage his hat.

At morning was found that bruise is quite serious so Axl spent two days in hotel room and yesterday (May, 15th) still was in Moscow.

Also there was info that 2 Moscow G n’R shows costs 1,5 mln. USD.  I suggest that organizers lose money as price of ticket was 110 USD and hall can’t contain more the 5000 people.

Sky Dog wrote:

hammered....can't rehearse new songs cause he's too hungover....:beer:

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Returning to Alx's leg - 1 hour ago message in twitter

@axlrose 1 ч
Can u say HemaToma?!! img.ly/ijtI

here is his photo  http://img.ly/ijtI

Sky Dog wrote:

50-50 the Dublin gig gets cancelled....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Rimov wrote:

@axlrose 1 ч

My response on twitter:  I guess all that time sitting on his butt finally took its toll on him.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
johndivney wrote:

why i don't think it's a just or valid comparison:
AC/DC
GnR

you're wrong

kinda hard NOT to compare two bands playing the same songs

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Rimov wrote:

@axlrose 1 ч

It's a hint! New song called Hematoma set to leak this Friday at 10:30AM on the official site!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
smoke wrote:
Rimov wrote:

@axlrose 1 ч

It's a hint! New song called Hematoma set to leak this Friday at 10:30AM on the official site!

You mean you guys didn't see it?  Right now you can sign into the site.  Just put the secret password in(which you can see in Axl's veins), and you will have yourself a new song.  It's fuckin great, by the way. 19

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

All of the clues are coming together! 16

Board footer