You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: your setlist.........again

rose22 wrote:

i know weve done this before, but i think it would be nice to do it again. lots of talk about the same'ol setlist. i for one was surprised that nothing new was added for the first show but a carbon copy for the second show? i was bummed considering i didn't go to either show. for those who wouldn't mind posting a set of their choice, id like to see what you would come up with. im basing mine on a 2 1/2-3hr show, what i think he could pull off and im not gonna include a "new song " just to include one or more. sure it would be nice but for my wishfull set, im going with what we know. here goes..........again.........1)cd 2)shacklers 3)brownstone 4)its so easy 5)better 6)rocket queen 7)sod 8)out ta get me 9)sweet child 10)raw power(tommy&axl) 11)dtl 12)jungle 13)yesterdays 14)bad obsession 15)ycbm 16)this i love 17)i.r.s 18)patience 19)oh my god 20)twat 21)my michelle 22)november rain 23)move to the city 24)the garden 25)civil war 26)heavens door 27)sorry 28)estranged 29)paradise city   ENCORE-LALD-NIGHTRAIN                                             

9 appetite, 2 lies, 10 illusions, 1 spaghetti, 1 from end of days, 8 cd. i'd love to see something like this. especially after the first russia date. especially on back to backers and double especially in the same venue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...I'll have to ponder it....partially depends if it needs to be vocally realistic...like with breaks for Axl (ie solo spots) and not too many screamers in a row...or if it's pure fantasy...and we can set up some ultimate hybrid.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i tried to keep it in the realms of possibility. with that said, it would be a tough set but hell, they played a shitload in japan a few  years back and a few other shows. didnt bother to factor in the solos but whtever. didnt include coma or locomotive among others cuz i think hed struggle with those. not that he doesnt struggle with twat but i put it in my set anyway. i think he might be able to get better at it and find his way if he did it(twat)more than once a year or whatever.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

18-21 songs is likely what we will get night to night from a gnr show these days

japan was an anomoly

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, while I'd love that setlist, that's just too many songs.  At least for an every night kind of deal.  For an epic, dream show, it'd pass.  For a normal show, some songs would have to be switched out for some solos.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

As things are today a good change up would be:

1 - Chinese Democracy
2 - Welcome To The Jungle
3 - Perfect Crime or Right Next Door To Hell or any rocker off UYI1
4 - It's So Easy
5 - Nightrain
6 - Rocket Queen
7 - Scraped or Shackler's
8 - Live And Let Die
9 - Sweet Child O' Mine
10 - Street Of Dreams
11 - Estranged
12 - Civil War
13 - November Rain
14 - This I Love
15 - You Could Be Mine
16 - Better
17 - Shackler's or Scraped, depending on what you played on 7
18 - Sorry
Encore:
19 - Prostitute
20 - There Was a Time
21 - Paradise City

If the band is looking forward, adding 4 new songs:

1 - Chinese Democracy
2 - Welcome To The Jungle
3 - New Song #1
4 - It's So Easy
5 - Nightrain
6 - Rocket Queen
7 - New Song #2
8 - Live And Let Die
9 - Sweet Child O' Mine
10 - Street Of Dreams
11 - Estranged
12 - New Song #3
13 - November Rain
14 - This I Love
15 - You Could Be Mine
16 - Better
17 - Shackler's or Scraped, depending on what you played on 7
18 - Sorry
Encore:
19 - New Song #4
20 - Prostitute or There Was A Time
21 - Paradise City

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Realistic Ideal Set 22 Songs, no new ones

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Better
5. Down On The Farm
6. Chinese Democracy
7. Don't Cry
8. Live and Let Die
9. Double Talkin Jive
10. You Could Be Mine
11. November Rain
12. Street of Dreams
13. Civil War
14. Sweet Child O' Mine
15. Catcher In The Rye
16. Patience
17. Nightrain
18. There Was A Time
19. Dust N' Bones
20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Encore

21. Estranged
22. Paradise City

Unrealistic Incredibly Long Set, 31 Songs, No New Songs

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr Brownstone
4. Better
5. Pretty Tied Up/Bad Obsession
6. 14 Years
7. Down On The Farm/Riad and the Bedouins
8. Chinese Democracy
9. Don't Cry
10. Live and Let Die
11. Double Talkin' Jive
12. Rocket Queen
13. You Could Be Mine
14. November Rain
15. Street of Dreams/If The World
16. Civil War
17. Locomotive
18. Ain't It Fun/I.R.S.
19. Sweet Child O' Mine
20. Catcher In The Rye/This I Love
21. Patience
22. You're Crazy (Acoustic)
23. Nightrain
24. There Was A Time
25. Dust N' Bones
26. Hair Of The Dog/Perfect Crime
27. Madagascar/Scraped
28. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Encore

29. Estranged/Coma
30. Oh My God/Shackler's Revenge
31. Paradise City

Set with new songs

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. New Song 1
3. It's So Easy
4. Mr Brownstone
5. Chinese Democracy
6. Live and Let Die
7. Sweet Child O'Mine
8. Rocket Queen
9. Shackler's Revenge
10. New Song 2
11. November Rain
12. You Could Be Mine
13. Think About You
14. New Song 3
15. Double Talkin' Jive
16. Nightrain
17. Knockin' On Heavens Door

Encore

18. Estranged
19. Civil War
20. New Song 4
21. Paradise City

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I don't expect them to power through 30+ songs a night, it's unrealistic. Sure you might just be the lucky one who gets the dream show (Japan) but in all I don't think anyone can complain at the number of songs in a usual show, they definitely give value for money in that regard.

However I think they can mix it up a) with what they already have and b) with new material. I think because we waited so long for CD that to some (and maybe Axl) it still feels like 'new' material when in actual fact it's 4 years old this year, they're not new songs anymore, not even to casuals. In the bands defence the tour is called the Nightrain tour, so nothing really indicates towards new material (or even CD for that matter), but to play a show in 2010 in a city, then play the same show bar one or two songs again two years later two nights running, with the back catalogue GNR have is unimaginative at best.

If there's no new material on the horizon that they want to debut then going forward just shuffle things around a little. Song order, interchange a few CD tunes or a few UYI tunes, it doesn't have to be a crazy shake up, just keep people guessing a little bit.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just wish they would get rid of the ac/dc covers and shit like the James Bond Theme and The Pink Panther theme. Just add one new song as well and I could live with it.

oh, and ps, why not have Tommy take a shot at 14 Years instead of one of his songs....:/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tommy and Axl on Raw Power would be fantastic.

Board footer