You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Slash - Anastasia and the Rest of the Album

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think this is the rest of the album.

Sky Dog wrote:

pretty sweet jam on the outro

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Definitely the best of the songs. Liked the acoustic intro, HATED the Randy Rhodes, early 80s riff (didn't mind it so much towards the end of the song leading into the solo), nice riffing, Myles didn't ruin it... actually, he was actually pretty good overall. Not my thing, but it's the best of the bunch, imo.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I am gonna wait to listen to the rest of these with a better sound system. I think those are all the remaining tracks, Im too lazy to double check.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The playing on Anastasia will give dtj a run for its money. Fuck it, it smokes dtj.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love all the different changes on Anastasia, slows down, speeds up, jam out. Killer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Anastasia is indeed pretty awesome. Musically it is probably the best from Slash's post-GNR output. Just great all around. Myles doesn't bother me as much either as he did on other tracks. A win-win track. This is good stuff.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Anastasia is indeed pretty awesome. Musically it is probably the best from Slash's post-GNR output. Just great all around. Myles doesn't bother me as much either as he did on other tracks. A win-win track. This is good stuff.

Exactly what I was going to post. Really did his playing on this one. The other tracks seem pretty decent on one listen. Not for Me sounding interesting in a good way.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Loving Anastasia...pondering leaving the rest for a surprise when I buy the CD on friday!....We'll see if I can hold out wink

That outro to Anastrasia is fucking classic slash guitar got all the hallmarks of his style.

Would have loved to hear some of these tracks with Matt and Duff though...but damn Slash is right back in form.

Board footer