You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash - Anastasia and the Rest of the Album

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, shots fired has a kick ass intro too, listening now!  Fucking good shit!  Anastasia on cd with Axl would have killed everything else, even twat.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, crazy life is Fucking good too. They sandbagged us on "you're a lie".

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

BLS, Not for Me is really cool, a strong song for Myles. This album is starting to live up to the hype they created.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I am digging Crazy Life, Not for Me, and Anastasia outta this bunch.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

BLS, Not for Me is really cool, a strong song for Myles. This album is starting to live up to the hype they created.

Yeah, I've got more hope for the album after hearing these songs.  "You're A Lie" to me is among the worst songs of the bunch.  Yet it's a top 10 single supposedly?  So what do I know?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Anastasia sounds pretty great, Slash almost goes into noodle-y shredder mode, when usually he's all about slow vibrato-y emotional solos, and it's very impressive!

Gonna hold out listening to any more, as the album is out in only a couple of days here in Australia, and it's better to hear in good CD quality rather than on youtube, plus I want some surprises still!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Anastasia musically is greatest thing post GNR by ANY of them, Axl included.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, I agree...  We will Roam is solid, but back to what D says, It really is that good musically.. I did just imagine Axl singing the line about "looking for a miracle" and the line about "mexico" and him putting his "axlisms" on it would make it killer.  The song is so damn good musically it really doesn't need a damn vocal track at all, but that being said, its a passable vocal track and this song should be pushed to radio asap cause if you limp out of the gate these days, you are DOA.  "You're a Lie" followed by "Anastasia" would be good.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Far and Away, this one works, nice song!!! Suits Myles good!!

Board footer