You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash - Anastasia and the Rest of the Album

Smoking Guns wrote:

Anastasia:
[youtube]Ag2UbKsznAw&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Since the other one was pulled... 219

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Anastasia musically is greatest thing post GNR by ANY of them, Axl included.

Anastasia is good, but I think I prefer "Standing In The Sun" more as an overall song.  Not sure about "musically".  I'm not one to get too technical.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn I can't get enough of Anastasia reminds me of fucking Illusion records.

-D-

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Anastasia musically is greatest thing post GNR by ANY of them, Axl included.

Anastasia is good, but I think I prefer "Standing In The Sun" more as an overall song.  Not sure about "musically".  I'm not one to get too technical.

just guitar riffs, solos etc

-D-

-D- wrote:

Anastasia eats CD's pussy.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nothing guitar wise on CD can fucking touch Anastasia.  That outro jam is one fucking badass musical journey in itself.  "Not for Me" and "Far Away" are two good slow ballads.  There what, 3 ballads here?  The other one isn't bad either. 

These shit, guitar wise, owns the 2 VR albums too.  He was even kind of reserved on "Slash", but here, on this album, he is letting it ALL hang out.  Like he did on songs like "PC", "SCOM", "Locomotive", "Coma", he is in the fucking zone and I love how many solos and jam outs he has on this studio album.  Its like how he plays live, but on a studio CD, they did a great job with that. 

This is a pretty fucking good album.  And if you love guitar, this is a fantastic album.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bad Rain and Shots Fired are both good too... Standing in the Sun is a damn good tune too, I agree with Faldor, everyone is good here.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
-D- wrote:

Anastasia eats CD's pussy.

I wouldn't put it that way, but yes, this is the best thing from any GNR-related player post-breakup. Easily. And even though I love it so much, I can't help but imagine what it would be like with Axl and Slash together again. Wasted, wasted opportunities.

Fuck, I might buy this record. He's just rocking out, and I like that.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I think it puts to bed people who acted like he couldn't play CD songs. don't think they'd be a problem.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He could play cd songs. Anastasia could be one for the ages. As much as we loved messages, it smokes that too.

Board footer