You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash - Anastasia and the Rest of the Album

Sky Dog wrote:

By the Sword is nice old school rock...I like that singer better than Myles as well. Bri, I agree. Snakepit was horrendous all the way around.

Anastasia is good as is the "locomotive" sounding track...atleast guitar wise.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, I haven't said the songs are awesome, but I have liked Slash's playing on this album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nope, just pointing out the double standard of calling people fanboys and nutswingers and shit like that on the main boards, something Mikka loves to do... A LOT. But totally ignore the drooling going on here.

I don't see that much drooling here. A lot of people are very restrained, some wait till the album officially comes out, some have criticized it, and some (mostly D) seem to love it after the songs they've heard. Booo-hoooo. Just because you hate Slash or want to prove your hardcore elit Axlism (calm down, nobody would question it), it's not some horrible amount of drooling over Slash's new record. Even the 'evil Slashite' Smoking Guns formed some not so-glowing opinion. I think you are surprised that even bigbri likes it, that's it.

So I still don't get your logic about collective guilt. I haven't heard the album, but you (based on your music or tribe preferences) expect me to confront people just because they like or love something? Something I've just partly heared, only one or two times?
Well. 18

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nope, just pointing out the double standard of calling people fanboys and nutswingers and shit like that on the main boards, something Mikka loves to do... A LOT. But totally ignore the drooling going on here.

I don't see that much drooling here. A lot of people are very restrained, some wait till the album officially comes out, some have criticized it, and some (mostly D) seem to love it after the songs they've heard. Booo-hoooo. Just because you hate Slash or want to prove your hardcore elit Axlism (calm down, nobody would question it), it's not some horrible amount of drooling over Slash's new record. Even the 'evil Slashite' Smoking Guns formed some not so-glowing opinion. I think you are surprised that even bigbri likes it, that's it.

So I still don't get your logic about collective guilt. I haven't heard the album, but you (based on your music or tribe preferences) expect me to confront people just because they like or love something? Something I've just partly heared, for one or two times?
Well. 18

14 OKay.

No, I don't want you to (confront, wtf? 16 ) jumping on anyone, but it would be nice if you just stopped with the snide comments in general. big_smile

I like Slash, I don't know where you get that I hate him. Everyone has their own taste in music. You guys just have a problem of lumping Axl into every subject. But whatever, this music for me and I don't want to get this discussion off the rails for the people who like it, so I'll bow out. Have fun. smile

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

I have barely mentioned Axl in the Slash topics. You have accused me of doing it lately in the Moscow topic, but that was another misinterpretation (I don't wanna use a harsh word) on your side. You should learn how to tell reality from your fantasy and nightmares.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't see that much drooling here.

I threw up in my mouth a couple times from comments people made...I just let them go because I'm trying to be a kinder and gentler buzzsaw.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I threw up in my mouth a couple times from comments people made...I just let them go because I'm trying to be a kinder and gentler buzzsaw.

I've just checked the whole thread. D sometimes went far with comments and Smoking seems to be in love with Anastacia, but who am I to judge them without hearing the song and the album? That would be low-class and ridiculous.

I still don't find that amount of bizarre drooling comments though. Some people went nuts after hearing 20 seconds of Blood in the Water (MrID, a little Axl mention for you wink). I listened it, found that snippet weak, expressed my view and left the further debate to those who were interested. It was only a 20 second clip, anyway. But who am I to question's anyone's opinion on songs I haven't heard?

I'm not against fanboyism. Sometimes it's valid. I'm a classic and semi-classic GN'R fanboy myself. I'm a Slash fanboy, although if anyone says that Big Machine is better that TWAT, I will scream and will question the person's musical sense or sincerity. Unfortunately, this kind of nonsense is part of the initiation in the Axl Church.

As soon as I'll get to hear the album, I will comment on it and debate with people if I feel the need. But until that I have no right to bitch about something I don't know.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I lost it on Anastasia, that guitar rips... It simply does. I even said if Axl were on it, it would be better. It goes both ways.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not just this thread, it's all of them.  If I noticed it too, there's something to it...

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

means you are growing up....bigger battles to fight! 16

and I meant that in a good way.....once you have some life altering experiences (like your mom dying), you tend to get a better perspective on things. I'll debate Gnr issues, but will back out when things get nasty now. Just not worth the effort.

Board footer