You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: Dublin, Ireland, May 17th

JordanRose wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hard to be objective. Twat is my fav CD song...and those Axl screams are one of my fav GNR moments overall....in 2010 he sounded great on the screams...can't tell here from that quality...but very happy it's back in the setlist!

I thought Hamilton was the only 2010 outing and there's only one unlistenable recording?

Sorry I think i was confusing it with the dec 2009 tour.....

Bad recording but you can hear the screams in the middle get a pop from the crowd...

Then there's my favourite version....I think Tokyo 09:

People say he can't sing it...but those screams....sure it's not 100% like the live version...but the passion alone in it....and the way he adds the "yeahhh"...sorry to be fanboy but it really moves me......

9:mosh::mosh:

Twat is my fave song period.

The only time he's ever sang it well and comfortably and easily was that first night in 2006 but sadly he didn't do the pre-solo screams and it's only a B quality recording, Ron and the band hadn't had a chance to get it down although his screams at the end wer like a chainsaw.

The worst version vocally by far was Madrid 2006 which was an absolute abortion. Supposedly hamilton was good but we've no good bootleg. Everything since 2009 so far has been really rough. He struggles like fuck on those verses and when it sounds that bad coming boosted through the PA at Dublin I can only imagine what the poor band are getting through their monitors.

It pisses me off that he has never ever once even tried to sing the screaming parts as they are on the album, he comes in early or late, finishes early or late and just makes it up each time. Not cool. Such a shame we'll almost certainly never ever get a great quality recording of a great performance of Twat, Catcher or Prostitute hmm

JordanRose

JordanRose wrote:

Better version of Dublin Twat here:
http://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/guns- … was-a-time

At the end Axl says 'That was interesting. You guys sounded great, the crowd sounded great, I pretty much sucked ass...'
Ron says 'You sounded fucking beautiful' in his thick Brooklyn drawl XD

He wouldn't suck if he sang it every night and built strength up in the range he needs for it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think he sings TWAT better than he does Better, which he really struggles with, and he sings that song every night.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

So did he pro tools the fuck out of his voice or what?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have no clue what the fuckin' love affair is for that Hammerstein performance of TWAT. Ever since 2006, I have NEVER gotten the big damn deal about it.

I like Tokyo 2009 and Ireland 2012.

JordanRose

JordanRose wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I have no clue what the fuckin' love affair is for that Hammerstein performance of TWAT. Ever since 2006, I have NEVER gotten the big damn deal about it.

I like Tokyo 2009 and Ireland 2012.

Like I said, it's because he sings it completely effotlessly and is clearly 100% enjoying performing it as opposed to struggling to just get those mid-range notes out. Watch his face and the cheeky grins on lines like 'another woman's bed': he's performing not struggling. And again, like I said, the chainsaw scream at the end sounds effotless and although he can still do a raspy falsetto scream in 2012 it's the only bit of the song he doesn't 'suck ass' on, as he put it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

It pisses me off that he has never ever once even tried to sing the screaming parts as they are on the album, he comes in early or late, finishes early or late and just makes it up each time. Not cool.

I love the 99 tokyo version though...I think it's closest to the studio...cos the highpart follows the same little note pattern...then ends with that YEAH...which sounds wicked IMO...i'll grant you he's a second late after for the next bit (prob catching his breath)...but my mind was already blown by that stage.

As for the 2012 version. I know they bury axl to avoid letting any issues stand out...but it's gone a bit far. From these boots it's almost impossible to hear the verses at all...if you didn't know the words you'd have no idea.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Axl's comment about him sucking ass does show perhaps some of the setlist stagnation could be due to him being disappointed in the way he sings other songs these days.

Board footer