You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: May 19th Nottingham

otto wrote:

Yeah, I guess Axl wanted to give Dublin something after the last concert, that was riot-ish.

Now we're back to the office-ish concerts! 16

Once something new is played, wake me up. tongue

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

shows are becoming as choreographed as an old school N Sync concert.

And you would know this how?  Big N'Synch fan back in the day were you?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Touche. Nicely played. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well it was fun for one day at least to have people NOT bitch about the setlists.

What's the matter?

You don't like hearing the same exact thing over and over? You don't like the sense of repetition when night after night people say and do a copy of what they said and did only a few days prior?

You have more in common with the setlist complainers than you realise 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think some of you owe a debt of gratitude to those who complain about the setlists. Think about it. If it weren't for those types of posts what the fuck would you have to talk about right now? Hate to say it but I don't see team positive flooding the board with posts about how great, how progressive, how creative, how "moving on" these set lists are.

As for me I think the setlists are incredibly dull. From a  fans perspective you want to see the band show some ambition and balls. Especially the former "most dangerous band on the planet".  Same old setlist night after night, tour afer tour, year after year. This band is showing nothing and that's the point those who complain about the setlists are making.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like the setlist. They're going to put in the staples, and that trumps everything else.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And besides Locomotive, I don't see another "OMG" addition from their catalog. I'll say it again, debuting a song live just isn't a good idea, imo. And after a while, people will start calling it the old new song.

I'd still love to hear it, though. And that's the reason I follow these concerts dates tongue

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Says the Katy Perry fanboy 13

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:

I think some of you owe a debt of gratitude to those who complain about the setlists. Think about it. If it weren't for those types of posts what the fuck would you have to talk about right now? Hate to say it but I don't see team positive flooding the board with posts about how great, how progressive, how creative, how "moving on" these set lists are.

As for me I think the setlists are incredibly dull. From a  fans perspective you want to see the band show some ambition and balls. Especially the former "most dangerous band on the planet".  Same old setlist night after night, tour afer tour, year after year. This band is showing nothing and that's the point those who complain about the setlists are making.

This.

And, it's also the point for the people that scoffed when Mr. Rose stated that there would never be so much as a one off reunion, because doing so would undermine what "the new band is trying to accomplish"...

Fuck the the old band... Let's just play it safe and do by-the-numbers-cash-grab tours of Eurasia with the hired help. THIS is what's being accomplished.

Nothing More.

I think people getting upset about people "set list bitching" are missing the point. Axl tells anyone that'll fucking still listen that he is moving forward. From where I'm standing, playing essentially the same fucking 20 songs every other night in almost the exact same order with minor fluctuations from time to time, for several YEARS, with no other apparent activity,  is NOT "moving forward".. By ANY definition.

It's called "spinning your fucking wheels". The tires are movin',pal... but you ain't goin' NOWHERE.

Next thing you know, he'll be suing 5agge...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

For the record, I only started bitching cause Axl dissed me and my fellow fans cause he wanted to "MOVE FORWARD"

so it is my mission to be an absolute cunt until he "MOVES FORWARD"

Board footer