You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Guns N Roses Requst 20 Models For Front Row Of Glasgow Concert

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I will say this, listen to the 1992 Paris rant before double talkin jive. What would that Axl say about today's Axl?  Something tells me it would t be good. Classic rant about Warren Beatty.

I would really love to know what the Axl at the start of this video would say to the Axl today:

16 Oh no he didn't!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

GnR late show planned 13 hours in advance
Martin Kielty
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … n-advance/

Guns n’Roses road crew working at the band’s Glasgow show were told to expect a late start – THIRTEEN HOURS before Axl Rose and co hit the stage.

The news calls into question the frontman’s insistence that he doesn’t mean to keep fans waiting, and it simply happens by accident.

GnR played in the Scottish city on Friday as part of their current UK tour. The band and staff arrived on the Thursday evening, more than 24 hours ahead of showtime.

But next morning local crewmen were invited to a production meeting and told to come to work two hours later than scheduled.

One of the workers, who has supplied his name, tells Classic Rock: “They called us in at 9am and said the call-back would be at 12.30am, when it was meant to have been 10.30pm.

“Our job was to help load the band’s gear out into 10 articulated lorries. You would normally expect to go back about half an hour before the band finishes playing, so you’re ready to get to work the moment they come off.

“That means Guns n’Roses knew at 9am they weren’t going to finish playing until at least 1am – and actually they finished at 1.30.

“Crew don’t normally speak out because it’ll cost you your job. But disrespect breeds disrespect. I’m not the only one who was left fizzing-mad.”

GnR’s timekeeping is notorious. They regularly keep audiences waiting for two hours or more – and when Rose finally appears he’s been known to stop songs and threatens to walk off if the crowd don’t stop expressing their upset.

Last November Rose told Eddie Trunk he was trying to address his timekeeping because he’d realised it was affecting his road crew, saying: “The crew were very supportive of me and they weren’t getting enough sleep. Things start going wrong. People are making mistakes. You’re making mistakes, they’re making mistakes, and nobody even knows why.”

But he added: “I lived right behind my school and I couldn’t make it to the classroom. I’m running down the street with wet hair trying to tie my tie with a sandwich in one hand. It’s a lifelong thing.”

The previous month, responding to criticism after being two hours late for their Rock in Rio show, a post on GnR’s Facebook page said: “Treat yourself don’t cheat yourself thinking you’re gonna go to school or work or whatever you ‘normally’ do the next day. This is Guns n’Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite.”

In Glasgow’s SECC on Friday night around 12,000 fans waited until 11pm for a show that was meant to start at 9pm, in a venue where the price of a drink averages £4.30. It operates an 11pm curfew policy, meaning performances are normally supposed to end at that time. By 1.30am only a skeleton bus service was operating in the city while the subway and train services had closed down for the night.

Reporting on GnR’s Newcastle show two nights earlier, the Independent said: “You can get away with almost anything in pop – that’s kind of the point – but contempt for your fans is a cardinal sin. Asked for a reason for the insanely late hour at which Guns n’Roses deign to take the stage, his PR people replied simply: ‘No statement I’m afraid.’”

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I just don't get it..after 20 years I still have to ask "How fucking hard is it to be on time?"

When I was in a shitty wedding band, I had to get up there on time and sing my ass off for two and a half hours to a pissed drunk wedding crowd and be sure to please  bride-fucking-zilla by doing a good job of her (usually shitty) first dance; usually a song I barely knew or liked.
You so this regardless of how you feel physically or mentally; all for fuck all. That is the life of 99% of working musicians out there.

Axl gets to sing to adoring fans who have stuck by him for 25  years for MILLIONS yet the clock is still the issue. Man, his whole crew must be so fucking sick of this bullshit at this stage.

And he was taking his life into his hand fucking about in Glasgow!! The people are brilliant but fucking HARD.

I'm from Dublin and when I was there with work my taxi driver & I started talking and he was a staunch Rangers fan so me being a Catholic from Ireland...he said to me when he dropped me to the airport "no offense pal but I hope your plane crashes!"

We looked at each other and laughed and then he said smiling  "no really, I fucking mean it!" and drove off. Unique!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it doesn't change because it's just part of Axl's psychology...he's obviously always had issues running to a schedule...and we know he needs to psyche himself up mentally to perform and I'm guessing it's not always easy for him to do that.

Meanwhile...I'd guess the advance notice comes from someone in tour management noting the start times of the prior gigs and putting 2 and 2 together and realising that the time table posted was unrealistic given how Axl does stuff. To me knowing in advance is less disrespectful than if you don't know and the crew rocks up at 10 and waits for 3 hours.

To be honest I think Axl should just start amending his start times to midnight officially and be done with it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think it doesn't change because it's just part of Axl's psychology...he's obviously always had issues running to a schedule...and we know he needs to psyche himself up mentally to perform and I'm guessing it's not always easy for him to do that.

Meanwhile...I'd guess the advance notice comes from someone in tour management noting the start times of the prior gigs and putting 2 and 2 together and realising that the time table posted was unrealistic given how Axl does stuff. To me knowing in advance is less disrespectful than if you don't know and the crew rocks up at 10 and waits for 3 hours.

To be honest I think Axl should just start amending his start times to midnight officially and be done with it.

I think no show start can be scheduled after curfew time. When reality is that Axl starts the concerts when he'd be supposed to finish.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It has nothing to do with psyching himself up or getting in the right frame of mind. That's all bullshit. If this was the case he'd have taken steps years ago to learn how to prepare so that he's in the right frame of mind at a respectable time. The fact is he fucks around doing whatever he pleases and he comes on late cause he can. He surrounds himself with YES men including his bandmates who will never tell him to gte his fucking ass on stage. He does not give two shits about the fans and how long they gotta wait. Basically he's a diva to the most extreme levels. Nothing more, nothing less.  And to be honest I wouldnt' even doubt it if he does it on purpose with the intention of keeping his reputation as the guy who come son late. Makes him feel like a badass. It's oh so rock n roll yet it's all so fabricated and fake. Hell an episode of SNL is less scripted than Axl these days.

honestly it baffles me as to how anyone in 2012 can actually justify this antic of coming on so late , even in the slightest. It's just pure disresepct and unprofessionalism on Axl's part. End of story.

Monkeychow wrote:

It would be the respectful thing to do no doubt. No other band on the planet has arbitrary start times.  Even if they settled on 11:00.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

It has nothing to do with psyching himself up or getting in the right frame of mind. That's all bullshit. If this was the case he'd have taken steps years ago to learn how to prepare so that he's in the right frame of mind at a respectable time. The fact is he fucks around doing whatever he pleases and he comes on late cause he can. He surrounds himself with YES men including his bandmates who will never tell him to gte his fucking ass on stage. He does not give two shits about the fans and how long they gotta wait. Basically he's a diva to the most extreme levels. Nothing more, nothing less.  And to be honest I wouldnt' even doubt it if he does it on purpose with the intention of keeping his reputation as the guy who come son late. Makes him feel like a badass. It's oh so rock n roll yet it's all so fabricated and fake. Hell an episode of SNL is less scripted than Axl these days.

honestly it baffles me as to how anyone in 2012 can actually justify this antic of coming on so late , even in the slightest. It's just pure disresepct and unprofessionalism on Axl's part. End of story.

exactly.
if it takes him so fucking long to get "psyched up" then why can he not start his preparations a few hours earlier?

if you keep proffering the same answers & excuses to the problem over 20yrs without actually solving the issue then you're a moron, or a liar.

this right here is the nail on the fucking head re: start times & p much anything: "The fact is he fucks around doing whatever he pleases and he comes on late cause he can. He surrounds himself with YES men including his bandmates who will never tell him to gte his fucking ass on stage. He does not give two shits about the fans and how long they gotta wait."

& i find it fucking sad how predictable & cliched things have become. it's not what i was promised when i signed up.

HAVING SAID THAT i don't believe one iota of what classicfuckingrock magazine ever says. however, they too have a rare moment of accuracy when they say he has contempt for GnR fans. he's a fucking asshole who doesn't care about us anymore. if he ever did, which he prob didn't. we were just there to make him fat & famous.

p.s. it's still p obv The Blues is about Slash. but it's really about Axl & his bitterness. & that bullshit can infect whatever fans are left. me tho, what i thought was true before were lies i couldn't see. the payoff isn't worth the effort anymore, or any effort for that matter. if he doesn't care, why should i? like aphex twin said, i care because you do. or like dylan said, i used to care but things have changed....
anyway, what was my point? oh the late starts... man, i'll tell you what:

look @ this fucking thread or the Slash/Piers Cunting Morgan thread & fuck me if it's not the exact same debates that have been going on for DECADES.
& all because the man w/no plan hasn't been able to move on or change the story. & why hasn't he? cause he hasn't got the motivation or the courage, or the inspiration. & why doesn't he have these things? cause he stopped fucking caring.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I will say this, listen to the 1992 Paris rant before double talkin jive. What would that Axl say about today's Axl?  Something tells me it would t be good. Classic rant about Warren Beatty.

I would really love to know what the Axl at the start of this video would say to the Axl today:

16 Oh no he didn't!

too funny....:peace:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Slash told an interesting story in an interview about Scott going out for a coffee before a gig and being nowhere to be found when its time to go on.

He said that Scott believed there was nothing wrong with going on late becuase his sense of entitlement was so dug in that he couldn't see what was wrong in what he was doing.
I guess Axl is the same.

I just can't take the excuses anymore. People should just agree that it is what it is. The man (like the rest of us) is deeply flawed but those flaws get amped up so much more because of the size of his life & career (even today).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer