You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Guns N Roses Requst 20 Models For Front Row Of Glasgow Concert

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

From my point of view there's nothing "shocking" about the late start times. For a long time, I've been one of those people who says "Look. GN'R concerts start late. Deal with it" and to me, that's good enough. I just don't get the constant making up of excuses and bad ones to boot.

Understood and agreed.

Ali

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm not surprised by the late start times, but they're a fucking pain in the ass. I have to get up in the morning and go to work, unlike a multimillionaire rock star. And it's no use saying, "just book the day off," I CAN'T DO THAT.

So now I have to plan for getting from the O2 - the most isolated music venue in town - to the far reaches of Twickenham after the Tube and the trains shut down for the night. Great.

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:

u should be happy axl's incorrigibility remains shocking. It's about the only tool he has left to get noticed.. Except for banging' lana del rey & this crap about the models..*

people react to it because it is even more disrespectful now. just because things don't change doesn't make them correct, or that people shouldn't voice dissent. He's doing an asshole thing & people are calling him on it. The only way to stop it is to stop being an asshole.

*edit - actually he also still gets noticed cause of the old band as well, can't believe I forgot his rnrhof shenanigans...

Edit2: also if he offered us something fresh & new maybe people wouldn't complain so much... that'll be just after hell freezes over tho..

Where exactly did I say that " just because things don't change doesn't make them correct, or that people shouldn't voice dissent"?  I never said either of those things.

Just as you have a right to voice your dissent, I can express my surprise that anyone who's been a fan of this band for any substantial length of time would still be surprised by this.  TBH, this stopped being surprising for me in 1992 after I saw the band then.

Like I said, I understand the inconvenience, but expecting change after 20+ years of this behavior is unrealistic, IMO, and the best bet is to focus on what you can control in order to make the decision that is best for you and plan accordingly.

Ali

i never said you said those things i said!
(but you did actually say them! when you said, "The fact of the matter is that after 20 something years, there comes a point in time where you have to accept that somethings are not going to change and plan accordingly with what you do have the power to control.")

ali, if everyone behaved like you black people would still be called niggers & kept in cages.

& re bold part - you ARE missing the point. NONE of us are in ANY WAY SURPRISED. we're tired, old & FUCKING BORED! & we're not gonna take his fucking lameass shit anymore! 16
we're not surprised, just angry, sad & dejected @ what OUR BAND has descended into.

why is expecting change unrealistic?! cause the man @ the top is out of touch? then the man @ the top has to go... he's outdated & out of touch. the change HAS happened, whether we like it or not. it's just axl's 15yrs behind his own asshole that he can't play w/anyone elses rules anymore.

don't get me wrong, i would love to have the power to be a rude asshole & make people wait on me. but i'm not so all i can do is try & kill/overthrow those assholes.
so runs the world...

kill yr idols
especially if they're twats.

johndivney wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm not surprised by the late start times, but they're a fucking pain in the ass. I have to get up in the morning and go to work, unlike a multimillionaire rock star. And it's no use saying, "just book the day off," I CAN'T DO THAT.

So now I have to plan for getting from the O2 - the most isolated music venue in town - to the far reaches of Twickenham after the Tube and the trains shut down for the night. Great.

russ & ali & axl couldn't give a shit about ur probs man.
i do. it fucking sucks dick & would be easily solved if axl showed even a little respect & love to the fans who got him where he is.
to me, now, it's unacceptable.
there was a time i accepted, but i was wrong to do so.
he's been around the euro circuit often enough to know about the transport problems late @ nite, but the concerns of those thousands of people are insignificant when compared to axl's need to 'psyche himself up'. it's utter bullshit & tbh i don't think you should be party to it.

by all means go to the gig & enjoy a good show. but when you're facing the consequences, is it really gonna be worth it?!
(i don't think it is worth it... but then you prob figured that already....)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know why someone is surprised that after 20 years, people are still complaining about the start times.  It sucks.  It's rude.  There's no good reason for it other than one guy thinks he's the only one that matters.  Dealing with it and being happy about it are two different things.  If Axl's lucky enough to be performing in 20 years, people are still going to be complaining about him coming on late.  Deal with it.  wink

Don't get me wrong, I see the other side of the argument but I've just taken an "It is what it is" stance on it. Dude's been going on super late his whole career and I just don't see it ever changing.

But I guess by the same token, one could say "Dude's been making excuses his whole career" as well, right?

I get both sides of it too.  I don't like it, but I haven't been to a show since 1992 (not that I didn't try in 2005 I think it was), so I don't care THAT much.  I just don't get complaining about people complaining at this stage of the game either.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:

u should be happy axl's incorrigibility remains shocking. It's about the only tool he has left to get noticed.. Except for banging' lana del rey & this crap about the models..*

people react to it because it is even more disrespectful now. just because things don't change doesn't make them correct, or that people shouldn't voice dissent. He's doing an asshole thing & people are calling him on it. The only way to stop it is to stop being an asshole.

*edit - actually he also still gets noticed cause of the old band as well, can't believe I forgot his rnrhof shenanigans...

Edit2: also if he offered us something fresh & new maybe people wouldn't complain so much... that'll be just after hell freezes over tho..

Where exactly did I say that " just because things don't change doesn't make them correct, or that people shouldn't voice dissent"?  I never said either of those things.

Just as you have a right to voice your dissent, I can express my surprise that anyone who's been a fan of this band for any substantial length of time would still be surprised by this.  TBH, this stopped being surprising for me in 1992 after I saw the band then.

Like I said, I understand the inconvenience, but expecting change after 20+ years of this behavior is unrealistic, IMO, and the best bet is to focus on what you can control in order to make the decision that is best for you and plan accordingly.

Ali

i never said you said those things i said!
(but you did actually say them! when you said, "The fact of the matter is that after 20 something years, there comes a point in time where you have to accept that somethings are not going to change and plan accordingly with what you do have the power to control.")

ali, if everyone behaved like you black people would still be called niggers & kept in cages.

& re bold part - you ARE missing the point. NONE of us are in ANY WAY SURPRISED. we're tired, old & FUCKING BORED! & we're not gonna take his fucking lameass shit anymore! 16
we're not surprised, just angry, sad & dejected @ what OUR BAND has descended into.

why is expecting change unrealistic?! cause the man @ the top is out of touch? then the man @ the top has to go... he's outdated & out of touch. the change HAS happened, whether we like it or not. it's just axl's 15yrs behind his own asshole that he can't play w/anyone elses rules anymore.

don't get me wrong, i would love to have the power to be a rude asshole & make people wait on me. but i'm not so all i can do is try & kill/overthrow those assholes.
so runs the world...

kill yr idols
especially if they're twats.

First you admit I didn't say what you claimed I said, then you say I did?  O.k. roll

Accepting something is the case is NOT the same thing as saying it's o.k.  It's understanding and accepting what is within your power to control and change and what is not, as well as deciding what battle's are worth fighting and what are not.

So, comparing my above attitude on Axl's lateness to civil rights reform is completely absurd and asinine. 

If you're not surprised, then I really don't get how and why this produces such a strong reaction, especially if you've been a fan for a substantial period of time.  To me, if something is unsurprising to you, it would produce less of a response than if you were caught off guard, and after 20+ years virtually no response.  To each his own on that. 

But, if you need further explanation on why it's unrealistic to expect a behavioral change after 20+ years, then I'm not sure any explanation I can offer can help.  It seems pretty intuitive to me.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know why someone is surprised that after 20 years, people are still complaining about the start times.  It sucks.  It's rude.  There's no good reason for it other than one guy thinks he's the only one that matters.  Dealing with it and being happy about it are two different things.  If Axl's lucky enough to be performing in 20 years, people are still going to be complaining about him coming on late.  Deal with it.  wink

That's exactly what I was going to say. It's defitintely not cool, not rock&roll, it is what it is.

neutral

Oh, and this just in:  Axl Rose goes on stage late.

This also just in: Water is wet.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Bono and others...it's not that I'm trying to be an axl apologist..it's just that to me it seems too simplistic if the answer is just that he's a dickhead and pissing off people cos he can. Half the time the lateness fucks himself over - additional crew costs, fines, causing sections of the fan base to stop going to concerts, making those that do go anyway hostile and unpleasant to perform to, coming off as an asshole in the media thus further alienating the people that would spend money on him. It's bad for his own interests far more even than it's annoying for people who go to the show. This leads me to believe that there must be SOME kind of reason for it...rather than just plain assholeism....as what's the point in being an asshole to himself.

I believe it's an anxiety issue, which is why logical responces like "just start getting ready earlier" don't apply as if you are frozen with fear about an event at a certain time it's still going to be scary when you hit that moment, and also why sometimes it doesn't apply, as many anxiety illnesses tend to come and go at random...one day is not like the next.....

Also, I agree with Russ, the technical glitch excuses are clearly bullshit, and don't happen to other people, which leads me to think that it's something about Axl...most seem to think he's an asshole, but given it harms himself and utterly illogical, I think it's out of his control and more a symptom of a psychological issue he tackles each night....

here's the thing dude. Are we to honestly believe that Axl Rose is the only guy in the muisc industry who has anxiety issues that can come and go at any moment yet cause him to be consistently late? And by late I mean taking the stage at roughly the same time every time. 11:00pm or later?  At this point he's not late he just goes on late at night and I honestly belive it's cause he just doesn't give a fuck. It is as simple as him just being an asshole who's bought inot his own mystique. His own reputation. "I'm Axl Rose and I go on late"

Honestly I'm not complaining about late starts anymore so hopefully nobody is misinterpreting this. I just tell it like it is. The guy goes on late cause he feels entitled to do so and at the end of the day doesn't give a rats ass about the people waiting for him in the audience.  If he did he'd have found a way to deal with this problem years ago. But as it is in Gn'R land he does what he wants, when he wants and surrounds himself with cowards who will never tell him otherwise. Not only will they not tell him otherwise they more than likley pump his ego non stop.

Like Russ said the moment he made those commenst about how something always goes worng the day of the show and everyone is working hard to get on stage as soon as possible you knew he was full of shit and you knew there is no legit reason for any of it. I mean he even told some wack story how the 2002 MTV performance almost didn't happen because he had to physically run to the venue and the security almost stopped him and blah blah blah Axl's a hero that the show even went through. See what I'm saying?

Ali wrote:

I honestly don't get what is shocking about the start time (to the regular followers of the band, not the crew who likely don't fall in the aforementioned category).  I saw a ticket for a Chicago show that said the show time is 9 p.m.  In LA, at the Forum, the start time was advertised as 9 p.m. and that is when Steel Panther went on.  GN'R was known to be coming on between 10:30 and 11 p.m. and that is what happened.  These start times seem in Europe seem to be more consistent with that.  I think everyone from the ticket-buyers to the crew to the venue staff should be made aware of the fact that this is the time frame in which GN'R goes on so planning and decision-making can be made accordingly.

Ali

What's shocking is you think members of this board are shocked by the late starts. Do you seriously not recognize the difference between discussing soemthing and being shocked by something? Do you honestly think that after an entire lifetime of these late starts anyone on this board or any other Gn'R board is "shocked" by the start times?

Ali wrote:

I understand the inconvenience completely.  I don't understand why this is getting a reaction that to me seems as if it is something new and fresh when in reality it is not.

Seriously if it was up to you we'd never discuss anything on this board.

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:

If you're not surprised, then I really don't get how and why this produces such a strong reaction, especially if you've been a fan for a substantial period of time.  To me, if something is unsurprising to you, it would produce less of a response than if you were caught off guard, and after 20+ years virtually no response.  To each his own on that. 

But, if you need further explanation on why it's unrealistic to expect a behavioral change after 20+ years, then I'm not sure any explanation I can offer can help.  It seems pretty intuitive to me.

Ali

why is it u can only care if you're surprised? U seem hung-up on this surprise thing.
I live in a country where a certain group of morons celebrate a victorious battle that happened 400yrs ago. It doesn't surprise me they celebrate, it baffles & bewilders me & I think it's a waste of precious time, energy & people's passion. See what I mean?

Again, nobody is EXPECTING change, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be demanding it.

I guess I just care more than u do! We're obv not going to agree, u think it's ok to settle for whatever this is meant to be, I just refuse.

Board footer