You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

...and monkey's huge mancrush on Robin.

5tyslk.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

And fucking lay off DJ for once.

No fuckin' shit. The dude has become the new Robin. Robin, I got the complaints. Playing was an acquired taste, his 2002 look made Bucket look 'normal', and he seemed to have a shit relationship with fans.

DJ has done nothing but bust his ass, put hisself over with fans, try to be a good bandmate to everyone in GN'R, try to be respectful to all of the past members of GN'R, has went out of his way to block and talk down badmouthing of past members and giving the old band credit, respects the fans requests for certain songs to be played and how to be played, understands that most fans want to hear it Slash's way and tries to play it accordingly while still being himself, has great stage prescence in trying to keep even lethagic fans energized at shows, takes time for fan pictures on and off the stage even if it's delayed and out of sync with the performance, tries to be generous with questions like Ron off stage about the band, and seems to be a cool dude as a person, laid back and not hung up over himself.

But he sucks because he wears a lame top hat while smoking, and his clothes look stupid.

Seriously. What a joke, so much to a point that it's almost disrespectful with no just cause.

Russ and Stacey basically threw the Robin thing in DJ's face on This I Love backstage, and was he an ass about it, no... he answered the question, hung out, took pictures, and tried to be a cool dude.

DJ's gotten the same kinda questions about Slash, and always puts Slash over.

The dude is a total babyface (unlike Robin)... maybe that's his problem. They resent him for being 'too nice', and 'too pretty'? I dunno, either way I don't get it.

But if we're gonna go there...

Staying on positive, As someone who's seen DJ up close (like "hey man how's it going", "okay") kinda close.... his jeans are really cool, and I like them, and his tattoo's are some of the best i've ever seen, really cool. He has beautiful blue eyes, some of the most unique i've ever seen.

Oh, and he also kinda plays guitar good, but no one really cares about that right?

P.S.

The only complaint I could see about DJ in relation to GN'R, is when he does interviews, he talks in terms of "hopefully", and more on the bright side. It's just what he does. Which because GN'R fans are a bunch of nerds, they take his comments and run with them and Ron has to do damage control and go, "we haven't even been in the same room as a band to record".

Other than that, the dude has did literally nothing in his involvement as GNR's guitarist to warrant the extreme hatred he constantly receives.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd like the band to either actually be a new GNR or Axl to go back to old GNR...instead we have a costume show of understudies it seems.

welcome to the club

sorry to see u here tho

u deserve Better

we all do

fwiw tho, we're on polar sides of the room here. i'm defiantly in Izzys corner! tongue

re: axlin
extreme hatred?!
wise the bap mate. people laugh @ him cause he's a dope. nobody hates him.
that pic reminds me of the old adage a pic is worth a thousand words. it completely captures what was to what is.

i didn't like robins transvestite robot look from 02, & i didn't like his playing of the old songs, but @ least it was a direction that was new & different.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I liked seeing Izzy doing 14 years, but Axl singing in that higher register was disappointing. I suppose not hearing a live version since The UYI tour I was expecting (hoping) Axl would come in sounding like that.  I guess he just can't anymore.

Is there a Dead Flowers vid too, I used to like their cover of that.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Really, I just hope Izzy turning up means he has a new album coming out to promote.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Better
Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation
14 Years with Izzy Stradlin
Richard Fortus Solo
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Shackler's Revenge
Dizzy Reed Solo
Street Of Dreams
You could Be Mine with Izzy Stradlin
DJ Ashba Solo - Ballad Of Death
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Solo - Glad To Be Here
Don't Cry
Civil War
Dead Flowers with Izzy Stradlin
Knockin' On Heaven's Door with Izzy Stradlin
Nightrain with Izzy Stradlin

Jam Chip Away/ Paradise City with Izzy Stradlin

Great setlist, and even better that Izzy was there.

I still don't get why he neglected the HOF after Axl's letter, but a London show with him is better than a London show without him.

Sky Dog wrote:

I thought 14 Years was great.....:thumbup:

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Better
Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation
14 Years with Izzy Stradlin
Richard Fortus Solo
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Shackler's Revenge
Dizzy Reed Solo
Street Of Dreams
You could Be Mine with Izzy Stradlin
DJ Ashba Solo - Ballad Of Death
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Solo - Glad To Be Here
Don't Cry
Civil War
Dead Flowers with Izzy Stradlin
Knockin' On Heaven's Door with Izzy Stradlin
Nightrain with Izzy Stradlin

Jam Chip Away/ Paradise City with Izzy Stradlin

Great setlist, and even better that Izzy was there.

I still don't get why he neglected the HOF after Axl's letter, but a London show with him is better than a London show without him.

yep, Izzy should have done both.

Sky Dog wrote:

Also, going forward, it is good that the band knows how to play the song. If Izzy isn't around, have Tommy sing it instead of Motivation. I like Motivation but it seems a little out of place at a Gnr show. Tommy would do 14 Years justice seeing as he has the right voice for it, plus, he just happens to be on his 14th year in the band. cool

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer