You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

otto wrote:

Better version, better audio...

Gotta say I like this very much! smile

And Axl doesn't sound bad. Sure his voice is clean, no rasp, but it is this way on Sorry and other recent tracks and, to me, sounds good.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I guess I can't overstate how much I love Izzy. I love his solo stuff, too. It's not epic or anything, but it's very Tom Petty meets Stones meets Dylan. Straight up rock and easily the best non-Axl GNR solo stuff to my mind. Not taking away from the others' efforts, all of which I like to varying degrees, but Izzy is like George Harrison to me. The quietest, the one who flies under the radar and isn't interviewed or sought out as much, but who marches to his own beat and puts out stuff that he likes. And some of it is interesting on its own, and some of it is more interesting if you're already a fan.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I thought Axl's voice sounded fine from the back of the arena. Think it might be shitty camera mics that are contributing to the complaints.

Also: I SAW 14 YEARS LIVE.

big_smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

russtcb wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Also, going forward, it is good that the band knows how to play the song. If Izzy isn't around, have Tommy sing it instead of Motivation. I like Motivation but it seems a little out of place at a Gnr show. Tommy would do 14 Years justice seeing as he has the right voice for it, plus, he just happens to be on his 14th year in the band. cool

Plus Tommy probably wouldn't completely fuck up the lyrics to the second verse.....

The second verse was fucked up because the sound guy turned down Izzy's mic by accident.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That is what you call a badass performance! I hope that when I get see them live one day that maybe Duff or Izzy will come and join the show!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

With all due respect to everyone who thinks Izzy's decision to not attend the HOF was predicated on Axl's attendance, you have to remember that Matt Sorum said Slash had spoken to Izzy and Izzy confirmed he wouldn't attend prior to Axl sending out his statement.  So, I believe that theory is flawed.

As for "14 Years", I thought it sounded great.  I understand that people prefer the raspier tone, but I do not.  Maybe it's because when I sing I realize that tone tends to come from more unhealthy vocal habits such as singing from a (closed) throat.  But, I prefer the sound of cleaner tone as much as I think it's better for the voice.

Ali

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Izzy and Tommy jamming backstage...
523033_10151158211317586_691557585_13562134_1795688726_n.jpg

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

With all due respect to everyone who thinks Izzy's decision to not attend the HOF was predicated on Axl's attendance, you have to remember that Matt Sorum said Slash had spoken to Izzy and Izzy confirmed he wouldn't attend prior to Axl sending out his statement.  So, I believe that theory is flawed.

As for "14 Years", I thought it sounded great.  I understand that people prefer the raspier tone, but I do not.  Maybe it's because when I sing I realize that tone tends to come from more unhealthy vocal habits such as singing from a (closed) throat.  But, I prefer the sound of cleaner tone as much as I think it's better for the voice.

Ali

There you go again...discounting things because they don't fit your agenda.  Who is to say Axl and Izzy hadn't connected and Izzy knew the letter was coming?  Quit trying to shut down speculation just because you don't like what it implies...

As for 14 Years. as I said earlier I think it sounded fine.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

& i thought i was contrary....

it might be healthier, but it doesn't sound as rock n roll.

imo axl had the greatest vocals in rnr history, he was the embodiment of it.
this squeaky axl of the 21st century doesn't have anywhere near the same potency.
i find it's a bit shit in actuality.

Board footer