You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

monkeychow wrote:

ottosporteman's financial model makes sense...although TBH...I would have thought there's enough rabid south american fans and the like..that I can't imagine they'd really struggle....although I guess in PPV terms it is kinda the 3rd time they've done this and it's likely to be a very similar show...be curious to see how buy rates would change if they announced a set list in advance or something with something unusual on it...

To be 100% honest I think pre-recording is a safer bet for GNR at the moment though. If everyone is on and has a killer night it comes out on VOD. If axl's voice is having an offnight, or anything else goes wrong, it doesn't.

Considering the leg and shoulder issues...a bit of insurance doesn't hurt.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

14 YEARS, with Mr. Izzy Stradlin!
Live now, in London!

otto

otto wrote:

Now I'll buy that VOD...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

@gunsnroses If you're here at the O2 in London, you just witnessed @axlrose sing 14 Years with Mr. Izzy Stradlin! #GNRLondon2012

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

66464784709370080627.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ahh the real reason Izzy didn't go to HOF....Slash and Duff don't pay him to hang out with them wink

otto

otto wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ahh the real reason Izzy didn't go to HOF....Slash and Duff don't pay him to hang out with them wink

If you'd go by that logic, at the same O2 Arena Duff joined Axl.

Duff should've not go to the HOF too 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Lack of sales would be my thought too. Though making some money would be better than making no money. Not sure on the costs of making this a "live" pay per view event. Maybe they save themselves cash by dropping out since not enough people signed up.

I had also heard that the stream was only going to be available "live" and not for 24 hours after the show, as was the case in the past. So if you weren't available for that exact 3 hour time period during the day you were out of luck. My line of thought regardless. If I can't see it "live" it's not really worth paying for. And I'd consider myself a pretty loyal fan. So yeah, I could see lack of sales being an issue.

Same here. I was looking forward to mixing a few drinks and watching this live tonight (7pm for me I think?) tonight.

Honestly, I have no interest in paying for it if it's not live.

I cannot understand not giving both options. Why not allow me to pay to watch it live, then archiving it for those who want to watch it later?

I know it sucks. I hate to admit it, but I was looking forward to this all week to be honest. I was gonna get buzzed, and just relax with Guns, Thursday night.

It makes it even worse that 14 Years was played with Special Guest Izzy Stradlin. I would've loved for that surprise to be dropped on us live.

And like everyone else I do find it rather fascinating that Izzy is willing to associate with Axl these days, as is Duff, but never any of them together with Slash one way or the other.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Cool that Izzy played.  I've always liked 14 years.

A cynic could say it's funny how in his attempt to move forward he delves even further into the past.

Oh well it would have been nice to see if you were there.

otto

otto wrote:

Izzy just played You Could Be Mine too.

Board footer