You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Axl Rose robbed

TheMole wrote:

Apparently, someone stole $200k worth of gold and diamond studded necklaces and chains from Axl during the Paris gig. Haven't found an English source for this yet, but here's the (Dutch) article that appeared on a Belgian newspaper's website today:
http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail. … 120606_078

He's supposedly very pissed off about it (I can imagine), hope this doesn't affect performances and the rest of the tour too much.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

When I hear "$200k worth of gold and diamond studded necklaces and chains" I instantly think of BA from the A-Team. smile

Bummer though for sure.

johndivney wrote:

im sorry for him
not sorry for me

it's frankly more than a little obscene & embarrassing a grown man running around w/that many necklaces & crap.

but then, that's what it is to have more money than sense i suppose.
lucky him.
or unlucky perhaps.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, though I'm sure it sucks for him.

Stolen during the gig?  Why wasn't he wearing it?  And if you're going to leave 200k in jewlery in your dressing room, why isn't someone watching it?  Why isn't your management holding onto it for you?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He used to be able to just fire his management... And now there's no one to fire!

I'm sure it was insured.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Picked up by Classic Rock: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … ay-police/

Guns n’Roses frontman Axl Rose has been robbed of three necklaces worth $200,000, a police spokesman has reported.

Three gold and diamond pieces went missing after the band played at the Bercy Stadium in Paris, France, last night, as part of their European tour.

The theft appears to have taken place at a private party following the show when Rose was performing a set for around 100 guests. The singer was not wearing the items at the time, the spokesman adds, and was said to be “furious”.

The band had played a 33-song set at the 16,000-capacity stadium, which one reviewer says was two-thirds full. The singer was seen in the venue around 4.30pm but GnR, as usual, appeared later than scheduled at 10.30pm.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You have to love that they use it to take a cheap shot about starting times...things like that make me see Axl's side of things in terms of disliking the media....hope Axl gets his stuff back anyway....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Jewelry is gay

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Things have been found.

Board footer