You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Cataloging the CD leaks

johndivney wrote:

well, you'd like to think so...

Sky Dog wrote:

I am suprised that Atlas Shrugged and Silkworms never leaked. Classic Rock claimed to have heard them on some leaked disc they had.

MSL, any info on that?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Silkworms is defitinely out there somewhere.

I'd kill to hear Atlas.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
misterID wrote:

Silkworms is defitinely out there somewhere.

I'd kill to hear Atlas.

Me too. I've been dying to hear that one for several years.

I'd even be beyond thrilled with a studio clip of Silkworms.  I know I'm in the minority, but I freaking LOVE that track.

I'm also curious what MSL knows (or even speculates) about the "Checkmate" and Blood in the Water leaked clips - their legitimacy, where they came from, etc.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

catcher in '06 as well courtesy of darknemus

This is what I've always wanted to know more about. Who all got this leak sent to their email beside me? Was darknemus posing as some random chick in Germany and sending it out from a German email address and if so why did it come to me. The email address it came from was also an invalid address minutes after I recieved the track. I've always wonderd about this because nobody was listening to Catcher untill I sent it out to the masses so it makes me wonder who else it was leaked to. True story and I've never heard anyone else come out and say they also recieved it.

To be honest as a music fan it was one of the coolest things ever to have that song in my posession that "nobody else" had ever heard.  I listend to it about 6 times before deciding both that it was legit and what I should do with it. My guess is

1. I got it by mistake and I blew some horders plans
2. I was sent it because I'd been open about sharing anything if I ever happedn to come across something.

let's be honest pretty weird that "Bono" on a Gn'R forum got this song before the huge, huge majority of people 14

I've always wanted to know who else got it and why I got it? Nobody hs ever said.

yes, silkworms is out there. still very sad it's never leaked. i'd love to hear a studio version.

bono was chosen for the second reason he listed.

most of the leaks were done by sending the song to someone who had publicly taken the position before that they'd share.

several songs i leaked were just randomly sent to some girl on chinesedemocracy.com that i had faith would share if she received them.

much safer to create as many go betweens as possible.

Sky Dog wrote:

What about Atlas Shrugged?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Atlas Shrugged! 11 I know part of Jackie Chan was leaked under the fake title Checkmate and parts of instrumental and vocal bits (Blood in the water, etc) have appeared over the past year or two.

Board footer