You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Chinese Democracy (the song) Lyrics

bigbri wrote:

This leaked last year right? I can't keep track anymore. It's one of my favorite BH solos of the year, and he released 27 albums worth of stuff, so that's saying something.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

hey james -

that is the best avatar ever

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
elmir wrote:

what bothers me about it is the ending....after listening to it a million times, i just cannot but feel uncomfortable every time this song ends....its on an odd key...musically, it feels unfinished to me....

but that guitar solo is great....

To me, the ending is abrupt because they will probably lead right into another songs. Take the effects at the end of the song, I could easily see it transitioning into "Better". The latest leak of "Better" we got last year with the effects, would fit perfectly with the end of "Chinese Democracy". Those two songs would be a good 1-2 punch to start the album off with.

Sky Dog wrote:

That is a pretty good idea...CD into Better. I like the ending a lot. To each his own.:haha:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

When this song leaked my respect for James skyrocketed.  I had heard many boots, seen it live, and still I thought it was a weak song and didn't deserve to be on the album. Then it leaked, and instantly became my favorite new GN'R tune. As for the ending, I'd like to hear Robin play some bluesy riff after the song is done while the effects are going, then lead that into Better.

I wish the higher up Axl was higher in the mix, but as this is unmastered I won't complain about it.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

The ending is fine since that is how much "grunge/instrustrial songs end

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

The bolded part is a bit scary when you think about it.  When you first said this a few years back my guess is most people didn't "read that much into it", but now given the fact we STILL have no album this theory isn't as funny any longer! sad

Of course it's a stretch, but this idea (along with the ongoing-for-years idea that CD never really existed in the first place) gains momentum with more and more time passing and STILL no album.  Think of it this way...would you have believed EIGHT years ago we would still be wondering when the album is coming?   I wouldn't have.

I doubt this was intentional. I think the longer we wait for the new album the more we all want to keep looking - we need some kind of answers, and since they rarely come from Axl himself we look into whatever we have been given. If the album never comes out I think some would find it easier to cope with if they believed Axl never had that intention and he'd said so all along in his lyrics...

Oh and I also consider "it don't really matter" to be wrong. I think he actually sings: "it doesn't really matter", or as a whole sentence: "it does not really matter". Given the difficulty to get the line timed with the song it would make sense to sing 'doesnt' as "do'ent", pronounced "doh ent".

Been a while since I listened to the leak so I'll have to go back to it a little later today and check over this again mind

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

hard end is fine.....ending it on an off key musically is weird....but...if something else follows it immediately...then it sort of makes sense....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

hard end is fine.....ending it on an off key musically is weird....but...if something else follows it immediately...then it sort of makes sense....

thats robin's style...axl is mimicking it...i cant remember what it's called though, but there is a technical term for playing slightly off (or sounding like it is slightly off when in actual fact its not) if that makes sense 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

When this song leaked my respect for James skyrocketed.  I had heard many boots, seen it live, and still I thought it was a weak song and didn't deserve to be on the album. Then it leaked, and instantly became my favorite new GN'R tune. As for the ending, I'd like to hear Robin play some bluesy riff after the song is done while the effects are going, then lead that into Better.

I wish the higher up Axl was higher in the mix, but as this is unmastered I won't complain about it.

Love the part where Axl uses his high voice. Gotta turn that up a little.

Board footer