You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

Re: Chinese Democracy (the song) Lyrics

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Chinese Democracy

It don't really matter
Gonna find out for yourself
No, it don't really matter
Gonna leave this thing to
Somebody else

If they were missionaries
Real time visionaries
Sitting in a Chinese stew
To view my dis-infatu-ation
I know that I'm a classic case
Watch my disenchanted face
Blame it on the Falun Gong
They see the end and you can't hold on now

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with an iron fist
More than you got to rule a nation
When all I got is precious time

It don't really matter
Guess Ill keep it to myself.
Said it don't really matter
It's time I look around for
Somebody else

Cause it would take a lot more time than you
Have got for masturbation
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When all we got is precious time
More than you got to fool a nation
When all I got is precious time

(solo)

It don't really matter
I guess you'll find out for yourself
No it don't really matter
So you can hear it now from somebody else

You think you got it all locked up inside
And if you feed them enough they'll die
It's like walk in the park from a cell
Now you're keeping your own kind in hell
When your great wall rots
Blame yourself.
Like if your ass was your head you could tell
And you're outta time

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cool. I'd never quite been able to work out what that line about "Hell" was before thanks smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I love this song and everyone knows how I feel about it, but there's something about this song that's always bothered me.

"It don't really matter".  It do not really matter. That doesn't make sense. This song is at least seven years old, so its obviously intentional(or it would've been fixed). But why? I have always thought the song was about his online fans and about the possibility of the album never coming out, so is this error a jab at how internet geeks are quick to point out grammar/punctuation errors?

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

what bothers me about it is the ending....after listening to it a million times, i just cannot but feel uncomfortable every time this song ends....its on an odd key...musically, it feels unfinished to me....

but that guitar solo is great....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elmir wrote:

what bothers me about it is the ending....after listening to it a million times, i just cannot but feel uncomfortable every time this song ends....its on an odd key...musically, it feels unfinished to me....

Yeah, the ending feels rushed. You can turn this song off after the BH solo and still get the full effect of the song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

i always thought he said "closet case" hmm

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

we need new leaks...here's hoping that '08 brings us something interesting....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think its more a cultural thing.

While i agree "It don't really matter" or "it do not really matter" is bad grammer....that kind of incorrect usage is quite common in English in some communities.

To me its much like how many people say "I could care less", when what they really mean is "I couldn't care less", its just one of those things smile

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think its more a cultural thing.

While i agree "It don't really matter" or "it do not really matter" is bad grammer....that kind of incorrect usage is quite common in English in some communities.

You are probably correct on this one (hoping that my other theory about James' idea is wrong) monkeychow.  CD is a straight up rocker with a bit of grunge influence thrown in for good measure.  These type of songs usually have a very raw and rebellious feel to them.  From the beginning bad grammar has been used in rock songs as a sort of rebellion and to give it a raw, unbound type of feel.

Neemo wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

i always thought he said "closet case" hmm

I always thought he said "basket case".  16

Jameslofton wrote:

I love this song and everyone knows how I feel about it, but there's something about this song that's always bothered me.

"It don't really matter".  It do not really matter. That doesn't make sense. This song is at least seven years old, so its obviously intentional(or it would've been fixed). But why? I have always thought the song was about his online fans and about the possibility of the album never coming out, so is this error a jab at how internet geeks are quick to point out grammar/punctuation errors?

The bolded part is a bit scary when you think about it.  When you first said this a few years back my guess is most people didn't "read that much into it", but now given the fact we STILL have no album this theory isn't as funny any longer! sad

Think about the whole first stanza:

It don't really matter
Gonna find out for yourself
No, it don't really matter
Gonna leave this thing to
Somebody else

"It don't really matter, Gonna find out for yourself" ... ouch, that could be a nasty way of saying "It's not coming out, get over it.  Keep on debating, believing, whatever...you'll find out for yourselves."
"Gonna leave this thing to somebody else"...could be seen as "you guys talk about it all you want, YOU deal with it".

Of course it's a stretch, but this idea (along with the ongoing-for-years idea that CD never really existed in the first place) gains momentum with more and more time passing and STILL no album.  Think of it this way...would you have believed EIGHT years ago we would still be wondering when the album is coming?   I wouldn't have.

Board footer