You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Chinese Democracy (the song) Lyrics

Seven wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I love this song and everyone knows how I feel about it, but there's something about this song that's always bothered me.

"It don't really matter".  It do not really matter. That doesn't make sense. This song is at least seven years old, so its obviously intentional(or it would've been fixed). But why? I have always thought the song was about his online fans and about the possibility of the album never coming out, so is this error a jab at how internet geeks are quick to point out grammar/punctuation errors?

THE ORIGINAL  :" there is no try but only do' I don't know who wrote this, think it was Shakespeare, yet Yoda made it famous, on Luke Skywalker's Hero Journey (go Joseph Campbell)....

Recognition that to do is not always enough perhaps? Depressing as hell thought but appropriate for the mess the world finds itself in perhaps? Cop out negative ending so Bob Dylan, hope he changes it.....

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Why are people crying about bad grammar. All music is littered with it, its because it sounds better . Take WTTJ for example. Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games.
It should be we have fun and games.

We have got fun and games is also bad english

AtariLegend wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I always thought he said "basket case".  16

All are used depending on the bootleg/demo...

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Why are people crying about bad grammar. All music is littered with it, its because it sounds better . Take WTTJ for example. Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games.
It should be we have fun and games.

We have got fun and games is also bad english

It's also implying that the band is The Jungle, which doesn't make sense either.  "Welcome to the band!"

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

I love this song so much.

Anyway the end, "Like if your ass was your head you could tell.....And you're outta time" was changed during thew 2006 performances. Something like 'reach out for your help..'.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i seem to recall it something like "living in your own _____ hell" could never figure out what kinda hell he says it is though... 16

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

I love this song so much.

Anyway the end, "Like if your ass was your head you could tell.....And you're outta time" was changed during thew 2006 performances. Something like 'reach out for your help..'.

Actually it was changed in 2002 tongue

And I think it was changed to

While their hands reach up for your help

Board footer