You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction 25th Anniversary Fan Pack

Aussie wrote:

1338911178_gunsapbox.jpg

Universal Music Canada has announced GUNS N' ROSES Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Commemorative Fan Pack which includes the band's groundbreaking debut, Appetite For Destruction, Welcome To The Videos DVD and a limited edition belt buckle. The Canadian exclusive due June 26th features the following tracklistings.

Appetite For Destruction:
'Welcome to the Jungle'
'It's So Easy'
'Nightrain'
'Out ta Get Me'
'Mr. Brownstone'
'Paradise City'
'My Michelle'
'Think About You'
'Sweet Child O' Mine'
'You're Crazy'
'Anything Goes'
'Rocket Queen'

Welcome To The Videos:
'Welcome To The Jungle'
'Sweet Child O' Mine'
'Paradise City'
'Patience'
'Don't Cry'
'Live and Let Die'
'November Rain'
'Yesterdays'
'The Garden'
'Dead Horse'
'Garden of Eden'
'Estranged'
'Since I Don't Have You'

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

The above is what most disappoints me about the Slash vs Axl feud. We are never gonna get anything other than the shit above from the early days. We are gonna have to wait until they are dead before we get anything cool.

Shame because I am a fan of the music, not of any one side. I just wanna hear and see cool music. I want remixes, remasters, demos, video etc. why don't these fuckers wanna take my money from me by milking this shit? Because of some petty fucken feud. Very sad!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hear that AFD is begging for a remaster....but I don't think it will happen while Axl is alive...cos who knows what else he'd want to do to it that the others wouldn't!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I hear that AFD is begging for a remaster....but I don't think it will happen while Axl is alive...cos who knows what else he'd want to do to it that the others wouldn't!

I don't  want Axl anywhere near AFD when it comes time to remastering it. He'd ruin it no doubt.

johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:

The above is what most disappoints me about the Slash vs Axl feud. We are never gonna get anything other than the shit above from the early days. We are gonna have to wait until they are dead before we get anything cool.

Shame because I am a fan of the music, not of any one side. I just wanna hear and see cool music. I want remixes, remasters, demos, video etc. why don't these fuckers wanna take my money from me by milking this shit? Because of some petty fucken feud. Very sad!

they're fucking asshole's.

the two of them are ruining it for everyone.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:

they're fucking asshole's.

the two of them are ruining it for everyone.

As far as I know only Axl is blocking the releases. Past, present and future.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

It seems like its probably Universal doing it independent of the band?

I would hazard a guess that they can repackage the same already released shit over and over to try and move units. But adding anything new (beyond a belt buckle lol) they probably need the ok from Axl and co.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Pretty piss poor package. Should put out the Ritz gig with it or something.

Also still wondering why YCBM isn't included on the WTTV DVD...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

ALL of this.

I saw the title of this thread when I logged in and said "Goddamnit!" out loud. I just knew if was going to be some bullshit that once again makes the GN'R brand look stupid.

This is the kind of thing, happening more regularly now, that takes ALL of the steam out of anyone's argument that this band will ever move forward again.

I don't think it'd imply it, although I'm sure that there will be no new album for a couple of years.
In this case it's only Universal, that want to capitalize on the GN'R brand. They know that the 25th anniversary of AFD is big, but they don't have more to offer. So they put together this bullshit 'Fan Pack' from what they had in stock. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Board footer