You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

-D- wrote:

Axl sounds terrible in that PC clip.

honestly Axl hasn't sounded good from what I've heard on this entire tour
not trolling or being a slash lite.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I miss Duff.

In both fucking bands.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

helium Axl?

Guitar tones sounded bad, just sounded a half step slow and clunky

16  Yeah...

Axl put rasp in that intro... And we're not judging by the best quality standards, I understand that listening to Slash's band... But no, Axl blows Myles off the stage. GN'R is the better band by light years, but I would take Slash over DJ and Bumble.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think I could some up my views on this thread like so:

I've never heard anyone play Slash's guitar parts as well as Slash does.

I've never heard anyone sing Axl's songs as well as Axl does.

I don't think I ever will.

This sums up my thoughts too.

I can see this thread ending badly.....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I can see this thread ending badly.....

Yeah, there's no right or wrong answer here. It's all taste. Nobody needs to take/make things personal. It can turn into a pissing contest real easy. I prefer GN'Rs sound over Slash's band, Axl over Myles, that's about it. I liked what I heard, sounded good. I think that's where it should end for me in this debate.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl sounds terrible in that PC clip.

honestly Axl hasn't sounded good from what I've heard on this entire tour
not trolling or being a slash lite.

I actually thought Axl sounded fine.  Myles also sounded fine.  Both have sounded better.  I will say though, Axl didn't seem very into that performance.  This was the same show where he took a digger earlier.  From what I read, his spirits seemed down after that, and by the looks of that video he never recovered.  He still sounded fine, but his heart just wasn't into it.  Kind of like he just wanted to get it over with.

Also it's tough to compare those two videos because the Slash video is such better quality.  If forced though, I have to go with Slash's band.  There was a lot more energy there.  It's just one performance though.  It's fun to compare, but it really means nothing.  The comparisons will never seize though.  Such is the state we are in.

Also I noticed it was pouring rain during that Slash performance.  Did it rain before or during GNR's set?  Maybe that was part of the reason for Axl falling and then staying somewhat stationary the rest of the night.  Similar to Rock in Rio.  Just wondering aloud.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Id never say Myles performs a GNR song better than Axl. I'm not really saying one is better than the other.

Just pointing out the inaccuracies saying Axl was on point when he had Myles like stage presence and they muffed that entire intro.
sounded like they mis picked the intro and it was stuck in quicksand slow.. Axl missed whistle, his vocal was borderlining Vince Neil with the breathing pauses etc.

ID is acting like he just saw 88 Axl reborn or something.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Not to mention the Bumblefoot Sac relig of doing his Eddie Van Halen Rape of the PC outro.

Slash never tapped for a reason... so a guy "Tapping" on GNR songs sucks IMO.

always hated his interpretation of Slash's fast solos when he does that.

Bucket was the ONLY guy who gave Slash's solos a run for their money with his amazing Nightrain

the new guys... just don't like their interpretations. Ron does a good job on Estranged, I will give props for that, but the tapping on PC sucks.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Why oh why, does Axl continue to sing over the cool intro lead guitar these days, does he forget how the fucking song goes??? There's no singing in that bit!

And nothing beats Slash's guitar tone and feel for playing GN'R songs. At least to my ears.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cant say am a real fan of Bumblefoot his tone sucks yeah he can cover gnrs classics but so can a million other people on youtube id much rather see bucket in gnr not saying he isnt a cool fella

Board footer