You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

Sky Dog wrote:

that is a bit over the top emotional in my opinion....it's just funny that the internet tough guy D was a drooling little fanboy after the show.....more of a fanboy than I or Mister ID could ever be. big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yes, My review was spot on of how I felt. U also have to keep it in context that i saw one of my all time heroes of 25 years for the first time ever like 10 feet from me and heard all the great songs i've grown up with.

so sure, def overwhelmed afterwards.

Now though, seeing they are supposed to be Moving Forward and still doing exact same show I saw, I am no longer a believer anymore.

Plus, YT on some of the ones here don't lie cause he simply has been standing in place ALOT more.

maybe the injuries or what not and his voice def doesnt sound like it did back in Nov.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

How am I an internet tough guy???

I've never threatened, hell I don't recollect even insulting anybody in almost 10 years of doing this.

Sky Dog wrote:

look at your avatar....read some of your own posts...your opinion is right come hell or high water. No room for debate. It's easy to be hard headed and stern when not staring someone in the face. Thus, internet tough guy.

However, no, I have never seen you threaten anybody or personally insult anybody....certainly not like a few others do on this board. Maybe I used the wrong words.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Fuck that shit I'm hard headed and stern whether behind my keyboard or face to face 16

I'm the exact same in real life as I am here. Only difference is you'd all love me because in real life it wouldn't be bullshit Gn'R discussion 24/7

What you see is what you get and I'm 100% positive people on this boad would be shocked to see how likeable and personable I am yet I'd still tell ya to fuck off if I thought what you said is stupid 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yes, My review was spot on of how I felt. U also have to keep it in context that i saw one of my all time heroes of 25 years for the first time ever like 10 feet from me and heard all the great songs i've grown up with.

Now though, seeing they are supposed to be Moving Forward and still doing exact same show I saw, I am no longer a believer anymore.

Plus, YT on some of the ones here don't lie cause he simply has been standing in place ALOT more.

maybe the injuries or what not and his voice def doesnt sound like it did back in Nov.

I don't fault you for being all emotional with your review.  I just don't see a vast difference between youtube vids of today and last year.  Yet some people are acting like Axl has aged 20 years overnight.  I think it has more to do with frustration, than low quality performances.  You, and others, have admitted as much.  The Hall Snub, the lack of forward progress.  I get it, it can grate on people.

I said it before, I give them till this fall after this tour ends.  If there aren't signs of progression by then, even I may be at my wits end with this saga.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I don't fault you for being all emotional with your review.  I just don't see a vast difference between youtube vids of today and last year.  Yet some people are acting like Axl has aged 20 years overnight.  I think it has more to do with frustration, than low quality performances.  You, and others, have admitted as much.  The Hall Snub, the lack of forward progress.  I get it, it can grate on people.

I said it before, I give them till this fall after this tour ends.  If there aren't signs of progression by then, even I may be at my wits end with this saga.

I think labeling all the Axl criticism that fans are butthurt after the RRHOF drama is getting old.

Fact is he aged more between 2006-7 and 2011-12, than between 2001-2 and 2006-7. He needs heavy doses of oxygen between the songs to even have him stand on the stage. Happens in life, especially in his age. Fact is that his voice is thin and doesn't have power. Fact is he's limited to less registers. Fact is that in most cases he seems to doesn't give a shit and wants to be somewhere else. Can it change? I do hope it. Time will tell. But if his latest performances are 'on point' than the future will not be bright.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think all this touring over the last year has worn him out and his voice out....alot of partying as well.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think labeling all the Axl criticism that fans are butthurt after the RRHOF drama is getting old.

Fact is he aged more between 2006-7 and 2011-12, than between 2001-2 and 2006-7. He needs heavy doses of oxygen between the songs to even have him stand on the stage. Happens in life, especially in his age. Fact is that his voice is thin and doesn't have power. Fact is he's limited to less registers. Fact is that in most cases he seems to doesn't give a shit and wants to be somewhere else. Can it change? I do hope it. Time will tell. But if his latest performances are 'on point' than the future will not be bright.

I reckon he`ll retire

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I think all this touring over the last year has worn him out and his voice out....alot of partying as well.

That's a good point, he might actually have just over done it a bit.

Sure he's not as good as he was in the 90's, but I don't expect that either.  But maybe he needs to give his throat a break.

Hopefully he doesn't wind back the partying tho if indeed he has been hitting it hard.  I think that's good for him, seems like a normal social activity that he could probably use more of. It might keep him a bit more grounded and less uptight.

Board footer