You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Americans oppose health care law despite supporting it

DCK wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5 … ncol;lst;7

Guy have to pay 200 000 dollars after being shot, having no insurance.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Americans oppose health care law despite supporting it

Axlin16 wrote:

If I could give MisterID about 35 extra Karma points for this thread, I would. He nailed it on all accounts.

As for Buzz's health care bills, I don't know what the hell he has or doesn't have or where he's going to get bills as cheap as he does.

About the only thing I get that's reasonable is my prescription meds, which are fairly cheaper, as long as I take certain meds.

I don't have insurance by the way, and haven't for a few years after being "too old" for my parents plan, but if Republicans hadn't STONEWALLED Obama's plan, I would've been able to spend another 1-2 entire years -- covered.

So thanks for that RICH MAN

As for my meds, I get by with state coupons in local fliers for places like Walgreens, and Wal-Mart's $4-$10 Rx list.

My actual appointments? Their cost?

Are absurdly laughable. So much to the point that despite the fact that my condition should probably have REGULAR care, I don't have it because... I can't afford it. To stay on my parents plan would've cost me over $500 dollars a month.

Yes that's right -- OVER $500 a month. That's expensive, even for a car payment.

Then I had a shot at cheaper $125 dollar a month college health care, but that was robbed because of the rich, crook, con-artist "crock of shit" college system, sent me so many fees for absolutely NOTHING, not to mention an absurd housing bill, that even with a full loan taken out -- I couldn't afford to spare even $125 a month at the time (this was in 2010), because the system for college in America (which is just as broken and loaded with blood sharks), basically is set up to rob you of anything you get, short of enough money for clothes, food and gas. That's it. Which i'm grateful to have, but it's not enough for health care.

So? I go without insurance.

What's a doctor bill? I thankfully had a doctor that was willing to see me for free, but didn't provide me with much care honestly. It was strictly a comfort measure thing, which i'm eternally grateful for, but it is what it is. I can't really knock free. Eventually it was no longer free, and i've been getting away with $25 dollar charges, rather than the $50 his office manager wanted to charge (they charge insurance so crazy ass number like $300 per visit; such a scam). Doctors are crooks too, don't even worry about it.

Then he wanted me to visit a chiropractor. What a scam those glorified masseuss witch doctors those guys are.

This guy wanted $400 dollars for X-Rays. And $100 a visit. And TWO VISITS PER WEEK.

Do that math.

I was able to work him down to $200 for X-Rays, $50 per visit, and to make payments in order to get the care. He still wanted two visits per week, eventually working up to once a month.

Now i'm in worse shape, and owe him over $700 dollars for nothing.

And all for ONE REASON and ONE REASON ONLY...

P-R-O-F-I-T

Has literally nothing to do with care, compassion, doing the right thing, or any reason that doctors should be actual doctors.

Big pharma are basically "legal drug lords", but street pushers are scum.

Doctors try to rip off insurance companies.

Insurance companies try to rip off patients.

Yeah, i'd say the system is FUBAR'ed.

Board footer