You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Def Leppard Recording 'Forgeries' of Old Hits To Spite Label

Lomax wrote:
russtcb wrote:
smoke wrote:

Also, I wonder how this affects Steve Clark's family?

I wondered about that too. But I'm assuming there would've been an outcry if they got screwed. Or if they didn't know about it, then the outcry would come soon.

Naah they're close with the band still I hear I'm fairly sure for writing credits alone, they'd get some $$$ out of the whole thing. No-one really makes money for performences it's all about the names on the credits

Here's the liner notes for Hysteria in terms of credits:

All songs written by Steve Clark, Phil Collen, Joe Elliott, Mutt Lange and Rick Savage.

Funnily enough Clarke's family stand to make more cash than the rest of the band members from Hysteria tracks (which is where the lions share of the forgeries will come from) as he has the foremost writing credit. That's really great in a way.

He has a credit on every song on pyromania too and foremost credits on Photograph, Rock till You Drop, Foolin and Rock of Ages, which are of course the hits.

The Clarke family will be well looked after with these re-releases.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's good news to hear! smile At least this family isn't getting screwed over by business deals of the music industry today.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

How Axl hasn't done this yet amazes me... We know he had the idea...

Axl's royalty worries were taken care of when he signed that 20-year licensing agreement with Sanctuary.

If anyone had a grievance with Uni, it'd have to be Slash & Duff. And seeing how they have no rights to the GN'R brand name or it's future usage beyond the back catalog = they're screwed.

Axl has no reason or incentive to have to do this. He's got his money. Or at least up through about 2025.

A re-record disc would be interesting as an addition to a future album as an incentive for purchase, or the symbolic nature of it all. But now that Def Leppard are having to do this, Axl might not want to blow his load on that afterall either. He might want to hold his cards on re-records for a rainy day.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

How Axl hasn't done this yet amazes me... We know he had the idea...

Axl's royalty worries were taken care of when he signed that 20-year licensing agreement with Sanctuary.

If anyone had a grievance with Uni, it'd have to be Slash & Duff. And seeing how they have no rights to the GN'R brand name or it's future usage beyond the back catalog = they're screwed.

Axl has no reason or incentive to have to do this. He's got his money. Or at least up through about 2025.

A re-record disc would be interesting as an addition to a future album as an incentive for purchase, or the symbolic nature of it all. But now that Def Leppard are having to do this, Axl might not want to blow his load on that afterall either. He might want to hold his cards on re-records for a rainy day.

Not even from a money standpoint...

More of a "fuck you" to everyone.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had each incarnation of his band re-record AFD, Lies and UYI  just to piss on Slash etc...

Board footer