You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES: Israeli TV Report (Axl drinking shots at a bar)

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know...I agree with some of what you said and there certainly is an individual aspect to it, but there's also a general flow that's bigger than any individual poster.

I've had disagreements with just about everybody here at some point or another.  I can't think of anoyone other than JimBob that I really couldn't stand.  I mean I don't hate Ali, I just have fun disproving his (or her - I'm with Axlin on this, but can't prove it) craziness.  I don't think there's any posters here now that I hate.  Some may hate me, but that's a different story.

Sky Dog wrote:

like I tell my daughter, HATE is a very strong word and should not be used flippantly...

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I hope I can say this, but there are certainly some people that get their panties in a bunch if you say anything even remotely bad about Axl even if you can back it up with examples.  Talk about don't bother...

There are also people who take anything positive and turn it into something negative. Ie. Izzy performing with the band, etc. That's just the way it is. If someone doesn't agree with the examples or opinions given, they will sound off.

Positive is a point of view.  You could make a case that other than the fact that Axl and the rest of the classic lineup is still alive, there isn't much to be positive about.  There's a lot of meh surrounding GnR.  Great that they are on the road if they are near you; beyond that, there's not much to call positive (in my opinion).  I don't know what's so positive about Izzy playing unless you're there, but to each his/her own.  Most of what I saw was negative towards Izzy, not Axl, and I don't see why you wouldn't think people would be right in having that opinion.

Saying something that only one person on the planet might interpret as negative gets Axl's lawyers going to work on this site.  The guy goes from 20 year hermit to out drinking with fans at the same time he's had multiple "accidents" that could certainly be tied to someone that has a drinking problem.  It's not a reach that people are going to speculate the two are connected.  Why that requires people to attack those speculating is beyond me.

Here's what I've seen happen: There was a time ( smile ) that the pro new gnr gang was at worst 50/50 - not just here, but in general at the sites.  Now they are pretty significantly in the minority and I don't think they like it.  There has been a general shift in their posting styles that I have noticed and it's been gradual.  They generally used to post supporting each other and it was often the anti new band crowd that was doing the attacking (myself included).  As more and more people have come to accept and acknowledge the flaws of the new band (while still enjoying what they do), those people on the extreme end have gone more and more on the attack.  It's been interesting to see the evolution over the years.

Izzy playing signifies that some of the old band members still are on good terms. Which, for any reunionist, should be a good sign. Some members getting along is better than no members getting along. Plus, they played 14 years which hasn't been played at a Gnr show since 1991...pretty cool in my opinion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

like I tell my daughter, HATE is a very strong word and should not be used flippantly...

I hated JimBob.  I don't any more, but I the time, I did.  Not proud of it, but I'm not going to lie about it either.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I could never hate anyone here. No side is getting what they want. No matter what they say.

The new band is morbidly slow and locked into the old music, the old legacy and a shambolic business structure.

The old band cannot be men, apologise and reunite even to play a couple of tunes together never mind write an album

. All of the wasted potential frustrates both sides leading to a build in tension and the inevitable spats.

We are all losers in this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I miss JB. May have been a borderline troll and he definitely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but he is missed here. Definitely the most hardcore Finck fan I've ever seen. When Finck bailed, so did he.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I hope I can say this, but there are certainly some people that get their panties in a bunch if you say anything even remotely bad about Axl even if you can back it up with examples.  Talk about don't bother...

There are also people who take anything positive and turn it into something negative. Ie. Izzy performing with the band, etc. That's just the way it is. If someone doesn't agree with the examples or opinions given, they will sound off.

Positive is a point of view.  You could make a case that other than the fact that Axl and the rest of the classic lineup is still alive, there isn't much to be positive about.  There's a lot of meh surrounding GnR.  Great that they are on the road if they are near you; beyond that, there's not much to call positive (in my opinion).  I don't know what's so positive about Izzy playing unless you're there, but to each his/her own.  Most of what I saw was negative towards Izzy, not Axl, and I don't see why you wouldn't think people would be right in having that opinion.

I never said people didn't have a right to their opinion.  Much the opposite in fact.  I said, if people have differing opinions, they're going to post accordingly.  I was just pointing out that it works both ways.  Some people get bent out of shape when negative swipes are made in Axl's direction.  Some people don't view things in a positive light when others do.  Simply all I was getting at.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Without going all crazy and "hurt", maybe you could point to a few things over the past years, if not the last decade, that you found positive and also wrote in positive terms about?

You'vee been around long enough that I don't need to give my entire autobiography yet again. The fact you're siting the last decade as me being "negative" says enough and clearly shows the intent of your post. There were very few supporters more enthusiastic about new Gn'R than I was pre 2007. I'm just not diluted enough to carry on that enthusiasm post 2006.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If you haven't had fun since 2006, I would take that as a strong point to quit and find another band.

Board footer